Sunday, July 16, 2006

The dragon that came to light...

The other day on very short notice, the boy called up his friends an invited them out to a movie. There's nothing like a delayed birthday gathering of friends... only a mere 7 months later. It was the perfect day to see a movie, since it was drizzling out, and the outdoor pools would be closed, because we can't have the patrons heads getting wet while they bob in the pool. More importantly, they can't have the lifeguards getting wet as they sit and watch munchkins float about in the inclement weather... because those big umbrellas that they sit under, only come out in the middle of August, when the now wonderfully tanned lifeguards are sick of the sun.. but the umbrellas can not be used when it's raining, no way, no how. But of course, that is not what this story is about.

Away we go, down the highway to the movie theatre. We arrived a bit early so we could saunter across the parking lot to TIM HORTON'S, where I could buy myself a lovely cup of bresh brewed coffee, and have real cream in it.. ( I have been forgetting to buy cream.. which disables the coffee feature in the homestead )... I also bought the group of gangbusters a donut each, where we then sang the boy happy birthday.. because you can only sing happy birthday wishes with something gooey in front of you.. well, that's my rule in life!

I buy the tickets, and spend a fortune, and then we make our way to the drink and popcorn counter.... where I spend another fortune. Actually the fortunes were just about equal. We give the tickets to the guy that takes tickets.. where he points to my small cup of coffee and tells me that I can not take that into the theatre. I then point to the four others sporting large drinks and large popcorn bags and my one popcorn bag then say to him.. I have just spent eighty dollars in your movie theatre, and half of that was on popcorn and drinks, would you mind letting me sit and finish drinking my coffee in the theatre where I can smack myself and wonder what kind of idiot I am.. I think I would like that very much. He told me that was fine, and to go ahead. I think I might have scared him.

No comments: