Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Life as we live it...

At this moment in time the skies have gone cloudy, which immediately changes the aura around us and the space we inhabit. It's an interesting feeling, with the exception that the crows are still noisy.

In other things interesting:

The BIL, SIL, nephew and niece are heading off to Australia . It also sounds easier than 11 simple words. Since they will be gone a year, they have had to pretend they are leaving for good, but really, will be coming back in a years time. They have also had to temporarily "give" their dog away. Interesting fact though... (I can never remember the name... how odd), but I believe they have an Australian cattle dog.. named TAZ. She's quite cute and they would have taken her, had she not had to spend half of the year in quarantine... We would have taken her, if we could have trusted what our "crazy, silly and very scared which equals unpredictable catdog" would have done with TAZ. Even still, if the home that they have leant her to doesn't work out... we will take her... and live the life of two dogs again... we would just make it work with the silly catdog.. I really think once the catdog were to realize that she doesn't need to fear other dogs she would be fine... it's the "what if" that keeps us separated from other dogs... and a huge vet bill.... yes, that sort of small things.. I will miss all of these guys greatly... even though I/we do not see them all the time, and they live about 10 minutes away... (that's counting waiting at lights to cross town).

... The known idiot parents on the crescent both yelled and raged at a bunch of the girls from the crescent on Sunday. The PIP was called a liar by these parents as well. Yes, it was quite interesting, and I missed it all. It was just as well.. I would probably have gone psychotic with these people. I can say they are nothing short of morons with social skills the level of moles. They have one child.. a girl... who is taking after them quite nicely.. and very unfortunately for her. I am a bleeding heart at the best of times, and I am trying to figure out for the life of me how I am going to encourage that the PIP try and play with "that" girl, without the fear of her parents screaming down her throat if she says something wrong to their girl. This is the same girl that PIP refers to her as playing with her is the same as "living in a torture chamber"... so the ideas of how to play with this menace (unfortunately) are coming slowly and painfully...

I was true to my word in regards to the chicklets and swimming. I told them that everyday that we were not doing something during the day... they would be at the public pool to swim... which is why yesterday... I dropped them off, with snacks, towels and brand new brightly coloured tubes to float on.... and with the added threat of "they were not allowed to exit the gates of the pool"... until they see my smiling face... OH, and in lessons learned by the "oh great-one" Hamsterson... I said to him that he needed sunscreen, he sneered at me, and told me he could do it himself.... well, you know the rest of the story....

Also.... last evening I said to the Hamsterson... "let's walk to Roger's"... (it's a video store). The boy couldn't get his shoes on fast enough... and this is a boy that doesn't like walking to school. On that notion.. away we went... to the video store (where he was desperate to buy a game), and then onto Save-on-Foods, to pick up our Storyeum tickets that I got with the points I had collected. We were gone for two hours out walking, but it was a beautiful night... and I told him that this is what summers were made of... I think he grew another 2 inches while walking, and a couple more degrees of handsomeness as well.

I am currently reading a (I think) funny book at the moment... the last two were rather serious... and I need something light and fluffy to rekindle the funny side of me.... On that thought... the catdog is outside in her favourite location at the moment... she is pining away for the husbandman to return.

No comments: