Saturday, May 20, 2006

Things you can accomplish on a Saturday

It's just lovely not going to work on a Saturday... OH, I should say... ABSOLUTELY lovely. I think maybe I might find a real job... where you actually work... during the week...it's a novel idea. Yes, I am thinking that 8 1/2 years of 11.5 hour Saturdays is enough.... now I have to plan my escape....

In other Saturday accomplishments....

The girl and I crafted up some paper clothing fashion thing at 0800 this morning. I think this sort of thing is for card making and such... except that the girl just wants to craft up clothes with the fashionable paper... I was working with all my might not to SUGGEST that fur and summer dresses do not go together... OK... I think I may have let that one slip...

My hands have finally quit aching from yesterdays weedfest pulling non-event that occured in our backyard. Well, they have kind of quit aching... now the ache is just a constant dull "feeling" roaming through them. Although... it helps with the piano practicing... I certainly can't feel them "ping & sting" when I plop my way through the music... did I just say plop.. I mean plunk... I pick at the piano keys, then plunk for good measure....

I cleaned out my closet today... OK, so I'm a liar... I attempted to clean out my closet today... which I did accomplish that, sort of kind of.. but I wasn't able to part with a number of my boxes... especially "Clark's" boxes.. they are just so freaking durable... and you just never know when you need a durable box at the ready. If our house ever burns down... the flames will sprint to the closet... because there will be lots of "kindling" available for the blazing ball of fire...

I made a list of "things" that I needed from the store. This concept worked quite well... including the fact that I remembered to take the list with me. I will have to try and remember this again sometime.... with the clincher being.. if I remember.

Wow... I talked to the neighbours.... a most bizarre experience... only because I talked to the neighbour guy for an hour and a half in the driveway... I think it's a relaxed Saturday thing... plus he was finished "polishing" his mid life crisis car. The husbandman even called twice looking for me... too bad I couldn't tell him to hurry home from work.. so he could BBQ up the groceries that I had just brought home...

While in the middle of cleaning out the bathroom I decided that it was time for the Pipster and I to go shopping. I think I am in love with the randomness of a Saturday. OH!... and a most startling experience.. coming from me.. I decided to make pancakes out of the blue... I never even think about "creating" pancakes on a non busy occasion... due to the technical nature of the "dishes"... post pancake eating...(this acknowledgement once again keeps me out of the running for the mother of year award.. that is always so far out of my reach anyways.. I am certain now, I am down another rung on the ladder).

AND.. finally .... I just so happened to steal a glance at our friends kitchen.... I have been slowly sliding down the steep & deep dark path of BLACK appliances.... and once again... I may have been swayed.... I am comforted and scared in the knowledge that BLACk hides the grime... oh what to do... what to do... I think in the meantime.. I will hope for a completed laundry room.... which I may add.. that the dryer has finally stopped squeaking now that it's hit a new corner... maybe all it really wanted was a window view to the great outdoors... so for now it's silent...and I'm happy....

2 comments:

Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Just scanning blogs on Globe of Blogs. I *LOVE* the beach view in your header image. :)

Melodee said...

Oh my goodness, you are busy!