Friday, May 26, 2006

Things were going along smoothly..

The Pip was busy being a nine year old yesterday evening. Doing things that nine year old girls do, like dance in their bedrooms with slippers on, in celebration of finding the hardwood floor. Or, sitting at her desk, now that she could see it, and contemplate all of her billions of trinkets that were littered all over it, but still celebrating the fact that she wasn't forced to yell 'AVALANCHE' every time she drifted past it. Things were going so smoothly... up to and including her hair combing adventure. The Pip decided that she wanted to comb her hair, in her room, sitting at her desk.. while daydreaming. Things were good, she had a lovely PIPish smile on her face, and when I inquired what she was up to..."Oh, I'm just putting the comb through my hair..." She had a small strip of hair from the front of her forhead that she was busy enjoying pulling the comb through. She was quite proud of this fact, and showed me of her great talents. I let her be and carried on doing "evening things"... Not two minutes later she walks out into the kitchen. "How do I get this comb to uncurl the front of my hair?" she says. My eyes become riveted to her forhead, where now that beautiful clomp of hair is wrapped tightly around the comb, and has taken up permanent residency, like a bow on a birthday present.

I then begin the jigsaw adventure of trying to untangle her thick blond locks from the combs tight grip. Fortunately I was able to unravel some of the hair, and save her from "razoring" the comb free. Eventually I had to cut the comb out. I just didn't have the "comb unravelling talents" that all mothers should possess.

The important thing is ... the PIP looks cute in her new bangs.

It's all about being shallow you know....

No comments: