Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Finding help....

all the way in your front yard!

There are certain days when the karma thing is working, and I just know that the stalker sister will swing by. She doesn't call, she just arrives.... in her lovely silver Pathfinder with heated seats. The karma was in full sinc today, as I exited my 16 year old failing SUV, she arrived in her roaming spitfire. This is where I have to add... I love shotgunning with the stalker sister.

Today was a bit different.. the stalker sister usually arrives, and gives off her agenda of the day.... so before she even had a chance to breathe... I filled her in on my agenda... and she was totally part of it. As luck would have it... she was happy to oblige all the whims I had conjured up inside my busy brain.

It involved gardening. I knew she would be all for it.. before I got the words out.

The stalker sister had some issues with me, and my kind of bad but whimsicle style of gardening, however she did recover from her fright, and forged ahead with great anticipation of becoming one with the soil. I have to say though, she is a weird gardener.... she doesn't like gloves, and even likes going barefoot. Well, she did like going barefoot until she had had it up to her eyeballs with the enormous amount of snails that inhabit my gardening space. Actually, she was down right pissed with the snails, and me... for not fending off the evil shelled little suckers. She had other issues with me as well.... things like I wouldn't give her a shovel. I just knew if I gave her a shovel, she would have dug up my whole freaking front yard. She had great issues with my plant placement, hell! I had issues with my plant placement, but I wasn't about to start agreeing with her... who knows what the stalker sister would have talked me into.

But it all ends well, my front yard is planted, the twenty thousand weeds have been unearthed, and the stalker sister has taken a walk on the wild side of gardening life. I will be volunteering my garden works with her on Thursday mind you.. it will be a very controlled event.. and include things like planting pots, and creating curvy lines of non stop begonias. I will add the extra comment, that her front yard does look like a "premiere garden"... or something that you find on the front pages of "gardening" magazines... which would be the reason that she laughed HYSTERICALLY at me, when I referred to my "plot" as the premiere garden space.

No comments: