Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Rescue the Fescu

using your best radio talk show host voice:

More... on gardening with Deanna...

Back to yesterday, and gardening with the Stalker Sister and creating that premiere garden, that catches the eyes of beholders and wins prizes for the prettiest garden contest. (None of which I will accomplish.. but it's good to think big about this kind of stuff).

Yesterday was all about difficult plant placement, and dealing with that certain person that was having difficulty with the plant placement. I, being the hostess of the gross garden, refused to give the Stalker sister helper a shovel. I knew it wouldn't be in my best interest. I knew that plants would go flying, and somehow grow legs, and take up new locations.

I eventually had to cave, and go collect the shovel as I managed to rip off all of the leaves on my Day Lily that I was trying to move. OOOPS. The only way that piece of furniture was going to be relocated was with a shovels helping hand. It brought a sparkle to the stalker sisters eye. (You would have thought she was stalking twins with that amount of shine).

While I was busy removing 30 pound rocks from the side garden, I saw the shovel come to life.. in the stalker sisters hands. The next thing I saw was dirt and plants traveling at a high rate of speed, and her nattering about some movie where some "thing" goes wild in a movie, where they were once good. She gave me the name...but I can't remember it.

She had moved things about, very much to her liking, of course not realizing that it was my garden festival that she was actually invited into. But, she seemed to be having so much fun.. (that whole barefoot and snails thing... which was totally freaking me out the whole time)...then she reached for the blue fescue. It had started out great last year, when I first planted it. But now that it had been through the winter season, seemed a little under the weather... as well as was lacking in the many blue fescue "blades" of grass... although there was still a hint that it was indeed a blue fescue grass....

WAIT!.... we must rescue the blue fescu I told her... we have to. I didn't tell her the real reason... other than it has a place in the premiere garden... But really when you pause a moment... it's a catchy group of words, and if you really think about it... are there many words that rhyme with rescue....?

The life of me... somedays it's painful, catchy... but painful.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

30 poundrocks, i wonder if you're aching today? I know i would be :o)