Sunday, May 07, 2006

The rainbow challenge.

Earlier this evening I went out for the circular walk, because really, why walk anywhere at all, when you can keep reliving the same scenery over and over again. I came up with a new way of counting the number of times that I rounded the crescent, because last time between the Pip and I, we couldn't remember if we had done three or four laps. I told the Pip that it only felt like three, but the Pip insisted that it was four.

As luck would have it... we have many colours for colouring in this little messy and dusty currently kind of being renovated homestead. So I plucked out 8 colours, and headed out the front door, with the Pipster attached to my right side. I told her of my great plan of moving one pencil crayon at a time to the other hand in an effort to decrease the confusion of our numbering the laps. This worked great.... we walked the rainbow laps first, then filled in the rest of the laps with the boring blacks and browns.

In other colourful events:

The husbandman has been busy crawling on the other two levels of our homestead... the levels that are not occupied, unless of course you are a spider.. or are a current live-but-not-for-long member of an ant colony. The contractorman has put new plumbing in place, which involved crawling in crawl spaces, and along rafters. Not my cup of tea... any day... ever!

I spent one whole day at work today... it was the most pleasant of experiences. I am more than thankful that I have dumped my Saturdays for the month of May... I used to like Saturdays... now I clearly despise them.... except for this month of course.

oh...and the most exciting of news..... if the weather behaves itself this week... I am going to throw down many bags of mushroom manure, and maybe... only maybe ... plant some of my annuals... now this is a colour challenge!... and I can't wait.

No comments: