Monday, May 22, 2006

Ceasar Salad Sadness

Last night, in a great attempt to appear all chefly & cookingish like... I threw together some form of exciting dinner. It really was. The family were very much in love with the mother that can throw dinner about... and the thrown about dinner even got eaten too. It's a highly regarded skill... I believe, at least I think it is.

So last night while I was busy throwing, I paused for the momentary forgiveness of salad dressing. Yes, salad dressing forgiveness is the foremost in my mind when I am going to "splash" the salad with a little "dressing".... I put my hand over the label with "the amounts of badness" that were going to enter into the wonderful salad. I threw caution to the wind... and dumped away. I was complimented heavily on the wonderful tasting salad... Yes, people, yes it is wonderful... with all that "bad salad dressing". Now, you may wonder why I don't just buy the low fat stuff. Well, I have done that many times... and dumped out a multitude of salad dressing containers and let many "heads" of romaine go untasted... see it's all bad. If you "go low", then nothing gets eaten, and if you "go bad"... it's rad... and more get's eaten.

This evening I put together another Ceasar Salad.. with just one tablespoon of the "bad" stuff... there were no compliments, or yearnings for more... it was all for me, myself, and I.

Yes, all in a day of the Ceasar Salad Sadness.

No comments: