Saturday, April 22, 2006

That little eeek turned into a shriek!

Today I failed, yes, failed miserably. It's a simple tale of fail....

Earlier today the husbandman made his way to the lumber store and bought himself a new back door. He MISTAKENLY thought that he would be framing in the new back door, and patching up the little section where the ants had entered.

(This is the failure part......) My little digital sat silent in my black bag... I refused to take it out... I refused to keep an image record of the damage that the ants really did to the back portion of our house. The husbandman ripped off the siding, and the plywood, and the support beams (well, they were really just chewed bits of tunnels and piles of sawdust actually)... and now, many many hours later... we have all new pressure treated support beams, and replacement parts all supporting the back part of the house... I am wondering what day it would have been to see our house collapse around us..... and the door that he was going to frame in and install today.. is still sitting at the side of the house. That's a project for another day... I hope. I am thankful for the fact that at least when the husbandman gets to doing the actual kitchen renovation... we may have a frame of a home to install it in. Ants are bad... very bad.

No comments: