Saturday, April 29, 2006

The secret life of me

It's good to have secrets... it keeps people guessing about what is actually going on inside that bad head of hair. Although... the past couple of weeks, I have been successful in prooving to the rest of the street that I am truly on the edge of reason... I have taken up walking around our crescent, and then back along the other street, which essentially forms an extra large track.

I think this circling is merely a representation of the life that I lead on the whole. I just keep going and going, but it never leads to anywhere... I always end up in the exact same spot as I did when I started. Not that this is really a bad thing, but I wonder about the opportunities that would open up if I jumped off my beaten track. I enjoy circling the block, it's comfortable and welcoming. I always know which direction I am headed, I know the special spots along the way to walk on, and the spots to avoid. I even know the people that reside in almost every home. Why avoid familiarity, when adventuring has nothing to gain?

I have in the past ventured forth, and have beaten a new path, but even that didn't last for a great length of time. Then it all becomes an issue that the "grass is greener on the otherside"... which means that if I am willing to walk for endless steps for great periods of time... then surely I must be willing to drive to a desired location and march about with determination. Granted, I do very much enjoy walking the circular path of a rubberized track, but it's the effort to find the time to drive to the location then walk for the desired amount of time, and then carry on for the next scheduled event of the day.. and I must say.. at that point my hair is even more worse for wear, and I am crazy with thoughts that have been travelling through my mind at break neck speed while I circulated the track. Of course at this point I am either too jovial to be in public, or just a bit too crazed. At any rate, it has gotten way too complicated and out of control with the "grass is greener" route.

So, in an effort to simplify, I now walk around our crescent for endless amounts of time.... and meet up with friends and neighbours and dogs and their owners and enjoy the scenery and breathe in the fresh air, and wave at the people staring out at me from their livingroom windows, or their porches and patios.

I wont let on that I just keep singing.... "just put one foot in front of the other....". Yes, it's the secret life for me.... it's just better that way.

No comments: