Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The real reason you have to love the internet...

So the idiotic-and-lucky-to-be-alive-but-none-the-less-lovely-catdog was more than helpful yesterday morning. (((NOT))) Little Miss Ellpee brought out the real reason why people have computers.

They are only to shop with. That's all. The real reason would be for this:

The other day we had a pot luck lunch at our Stroke Group. One of the fellows always brings chicken wings. He happily puts them into a pyrex dish, with a nice snap on blue cover, and then inserts the dish into a beautiful sea-green zippered carry bag that has a heating cushion on the bottom of it. It's a very lovely device, I have thought ... the many times I have seen it. It also adds to the loveliness of it... the fact that he just raves about how much he loves it. So we are all in love with his pyrex dish, and his pyrex dish holder. Although the other day our favourite pyrex dish owner was not feeling well, and left me with his beloved hot wings, inside of his hot dish, which were inside of the sea-green carrier. I told him I would take good care of it. Which I did. After the pot-luck I fed the husbandman turned contractor a big plate of lovely tasting chicken wings. Not soon after that I then had to clean out the pyrex dish, and the lid, and the sea-green carrier, and inside of the heating pocket, the heating pad... I had to clean and clean and clean and clean and clean..... and clean. I kid you not I had to clean... I just kept cleaning, and it didn't seem to want to lose the juices left over from the chicken wings. I think the pyrex dish itself was in love with those chicken wings. Anyways.. after a great amount of time.. I finally was satisfied with the clean factor of the sea-green carrier. I was planning on giving the sea-green's carriers owner a hard time this next Monday for being very enthusiastic with the chicken wing sauce... as it was everywhere....!!! I placed it on the counter, and put a towel beneath, and let the whole contraption air dry. Things were going fine......

until.......

the very next morning, just before I was going to put the chicken carrying contraption back together... a certain little catdog took an interest in the whole affair... and I might add, just enough interest to pull the lid and the sea-green container to her house. And that was it... she isn't a chewer or a wrecker... well only kind of. I inspect the lid for bite marks... and there was a very slight indentation on the rim, and it still did it's job of fitting perfectly over the 9 x 13 pyrex dish. I gave it another good wash.. and set it on the counter. Then I picked up the sea-green container, and upon initial inspection it seemed to have come out unscathed... like I said, she's not a chewer.. she just investigates. It wasn't until way way way later... that I started to put the dish back in it's carrier.. and just zip it up. Very simple.. except for the wee bit of a snag on the zipper...first words out of my mouth..... WHAT THE FUCK!............. Yes, I try and keep it clean when I can... but when things go bad.. so does the language. So after about 20 rounds of FUCKNESS, which didn't serve any real purpose, because it didn't help to get the zipper put back on the BELOVED SEA-GREEN CARRIER....I turned to the silly catdog.... and gave her a good hissing.

Which now leads me to the whole internet thing.... I looked up pyrex, and eventually found all kinds of things that you can order right from the screen.... all kinds of stuff. Except for the carrier. Once again... FUCK hit the fan. I blew off an email, in a desperate attempt to see if I could order it... and then had to sit and wait and cross my fingers that this was a possible deal. I headed out to the mall first thing this morning.. to find this great sea-green carrier.... and after many rounds of the mall, I came up empty handed. Well, kind of empty handed... I did have to purchase the lovely Hamsterson some boxers... because the regular undies/briefs had turned into white-tighties... so I did have some luck in the undies department....

After all that.... I received an email from the pyrex people.. and ended talking to some guy from Greenfield, Pennsylvania... and ordered me one WATER BLUE 3L pyrex dish carrier. I might even love my Mastercard more. I am not sure how much I am in love with my silly catdog.... for the moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catdog and Goldie should really see therapists. Goldie can't resist ripping the heck out of any reno garbage or tidbits she can find, right in front of anyone who may be nearby. And this morning, she decided she needed the mat, that the contractor was using for something, in her run! Go figure!

Michelle said...

I love the "fantastic plastic", probably too much. I love pyrex too, and undies!!