Tuesday, January 03, 2006

You have to love brick buildings

Yes, a certain love for brick buildings (and even if they aren't brick buildings, but rather four walls with a cowbell.. it doesn't matter) .... that call children to the inside of them, where they are controlled by bells and adults that command respect, other than their parents. Yes, it's back to lovely school time. There's a certain amount of happiness in the voice of a mother as she bids her offspring a: HAVE A GOOD DAY AT SCHOOL! It was so mild this morning that we briskly walked to school today, we even made it before the bell. It has been a miraculous day.

While the chicklets were at school, the sister stalker found me... and dragged me out in that vehicle of hers that warms the seats... you have to love that. Especially when a cold front comes flying in, with lots of rain and wind. EEke.

In other useless details of the day that will impact me in the future, or when I am least expecting it: our house assessment arrived in our mailbox earlier. This piece of paper tells me that the value of our "building" (1365 sq foot rancher) and land have gone up close to $40,000.00 in the past year. Score one for the tax man.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Werent you a busy little blogger yesterday? How can I tell the kids are back to school? LOL....Multiple Deanna posts thats how! I always love seeing your photos. I hadnt noticed The boy had braces... when did those fly into his mouth. Love the action shot of the pip motoring right along with the blonde pony tail in hot pursuit! Also thanks for the link! and all your recent comments, its so nice to see your little green sweatered likeness in my site!

Chastity said...

Ugg..don't remind me that school is about to start back...yuck.

As for the value of your house going up, I guess that's only good if you were planning on selling.

Anonymous said...

Hey there D! Good seeing you today. We just got our appraisal today...amazingly it was $50,000 LESS than what the bank (who paid someone to come and look and take pictures) appraised it for. Which is good....because that means we are "bigger" for the bank, and smaller for taxes.