Thursday, January 12, 2006

People this week:

The other day while I was reading the paper and waiting for a "Box A" at my favourite Sushi place another person approached the "spot" where the papers were kept. The fellow ruffled and ruffled through the papers, frothing and flipping and shwooshing and fluffing. He didn't stop, until his hand reached the edge of my paper and he tugged, then asked "Are you done with that?". I shook my head and said yes.

Earlier into the other day, I went and purchased an inversion table for the bulging disk husbandman. It was a rather big box, that I dragged up from the back of the store. At the checkout I asked for some help out. This little lady with two telephones and a clipboard, and an assistant came to my rescue. She tried picking up the plastic strap from around the box and squeaked "ouch". "Oh, my employee can not help you, she might hurt her back, and she can't hurt her back because she is too valuable of an employee to have off", the two telephoned clipboard girl says. Then she unleashes a microphone from someplace hidden and quickly talks into the end of it. "Someone else will come", clipboard girl says, and disappears into the depths of the big box store. I stand for a while, (luckily I'm being patient probably due to the stupid factor of being in the dentist chair earlier). Eventually I say to the checkout lady that I am going to move my 16 year old SUV up to the front doors. Upon returning, I am barely through the front doors of the place when another new person starts on to me about how I need to bring the receipt in to show the girl that I have actually bought this item. OK, actually she is yelling this at me. I walk the 22 steps closer to her, and the box, and to a nice cashier girl that has witnessed the whole purchase/helping event. She nodded her head in agreement. Yes, just another day at the STUPIDSTORE. But I have to say, this store is clean and organized, and seems to have an abundance of staff willing to help, maybe kind of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck is an inversion table??

Susan said...

That was my question. Do you strap him in and then flip him upside down, like Miceal Keaton did in Batman? I can see hubbby now in shiny black leather... oh you two kinky lovebirds !