Tuesday, November 04, 2008

b.e.a.r.s.!

It was highly strange a while ago.....

The scared and silly catdog "L.P.", but otherwise called Tilly went outside. The very odd thing about this is the fact that it is raining out. She's a small german shepherd, but a ninny all the same, and does not proclaim to enjoy the rain ... ever, unless it comes in one big puddle, called a lake, then she likes the amassed raindrops. But this morning it has already been different.

The husbandman said goodbye in his general low talking like state... bye..... Where I then pipe up.. 'GOOD BYE, HAVE A NICE DAY... SEE YOU LATER, OH, AND YOU ARE GOING SKATING WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND TONIGHT.... SEE... I DO REMEMBER SOMETHINGS." That is spoken in less than 5 seconds before the front door is shut.... as the husbandman slips off into the stealthness of the workday. How can someone be that silent is beyond me.

Just before the door clicks closed the husbandman pauses...."The Till is still out in the backyard looking around", and then the door clicks shut.

Eventually I stop looking at my YOUTUBE Jehoval Witness tutorials (or at least that I am calling them....) and go and look for "the till" myself... and there I see her... STILL wondering around the backyard.. and it is still raining out... and she seems determined to find whatever scent has been left on the ground.

Looking into the backyard I do see the landscape intact, but there has been something around to get her tail going in such a frenzy, and to be in the rain too boot. I let her be, and hide from behind the cabinet... because if "the till" looks in, and sees us spying on her she will hightail it back to homebase, and give up her search and rescue sniffing mission. It isn't until she hears kitchen details being accomplished that she finally makes it back into view, and slams herself up against the door.

A little later, and the rain still raining I drove the kids to school. Rain is so annoyingly wet at times. I drove them to the field, where they did have a bit to walk before making it in those grandious school halls....

As we drove out of the driveway I noticed the neighbours garbage had been attacked... and that their fence had been smashed through.

Which has now lead me the conclusion...

In the deep dark night where I just might have been sleeping, being the lazy fool that one person tends to be in the darkened hours.....

I might have spyed a bear!

OH the tragic spin on that thought... a bear for my very own... wondering aimlessly in the dark of my own backyard.... had I known, I would have left him more than pumpkin carcasses.... and fed him perfectly wonderful apples & fresh frozen blueberries! (OK, maybe not.. but I would like to have...)

Those are my conclusions for the moment.. now back to those Jehovahs.

Amendment:

Upon publishing of this story... I took another closer look at our triangle section of our yard... well.. I think my thoughts were correct....

The garden has been trampled.
The fenceposts have been tossled.
The BLUEBERRY bush has been knocked over.
The two sections of fence behind the little house have been knocked over.
It looks like something has ran through our backyard, and into someones elses backyard.

I do know ONE thing.. bears do not like pumpkin carcasses

No comments: