Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Well... it's psycho Tuesday.

Although that statement alone may be an understatement as to the rest of the days of the week, not to sure on that one.

I almost gave up my volunteer walk leader position this morning. I was (_) this close. The person at the front counter royally pissed me off to no end, and basically embarassed me in front of total strangers waiting to buy theatre tickets, then dismissed me as she had no time to help me because there was a line up of people. All this, after I went to sign in for my walking group. Forgive me for not signing in at the beginning of the session, when I find it most inconvenient only because walking members join us after we have started walking, and then I have to go sign in again, which is time consuming, and guess what... I am not into redundancy.. it makes me nuts. So guess what I did people... I called the person that manages the walking department for the city and complained. Yes, complained. I am a fourty something year old woman that spends two mornings a week volunteering for a program that I believe is important only to be berated in front of complete strangers because of PERCEIVED incompetency. Uhhm.. no thanks. I can find other things to do, and other friends to walk with.

Yes people.. it's psycho Tuesday...

Of course after that I called Telus... which makes me even crazier....imagine that.

I suggested that I should have a star next to my name, which in my field of work makes me aware that there is something "different" about that patient... like ISOLATION!... and therefore a bit more cautious when coming across them, or more importantly when entering their room. The poor guy asked me my telus account number... which I don't have a clue of... and then he asked me my husbands social insurance number. Then I asked him why I would have that? AND then.. I continued on that even though I happily loved my husband, he was in fact completely stunted in the TELUS department of things, and to never never never ask me of the SIN again, because I simply do not have it, nor am I going to make the attempts to retrieve it. In this day of age when passwords and even more passwords are required to access bank accounts I asked the guy that they should set up a special question that I could answer each and every time... because I was never ever going to look up account numbers, when I practically had to divulge my weight when I was 18 years old to get them to even take my call, surely they could come up with an easier telephone practice. Lucky for me he got the thumbs up from his supervisor to take the call... I really think I have an asterisk in front of my name after all.

Yes people, it's psycho Tuesday alright.

No comments: