Wednesday, August 13, 2008

CANADA gets GOLD!

This should be a new sport... how about running back up the waterslide hills? I watched gold star performances yesterday in this very event!

IN real life OLYMPICS we haven't "come across" a gold.. but you know... our time will come.


Onto other things that really do not matter:

The household is sleeping. That would be because nobody under the age of 14 goes to bed at night, however; the over 20 year old crowd finds it far easier to go to bed!

Yesterdays summertime excitement involved a drive out to Chilliwack, to the TransCanada waterslides. The PIP and her cousins flew up and down the tubes all day. It was delicious fun for those that like that sort of thing. I do not find it delicious fun, and even though I got to sport 14.00 dollars worth of a green arm band, I wasn't extremely interested in joining in on the event. It appeared that I was one of the few that suffered from the same non-fun approach to life. Oh well, I suck!

I do win in the EAGLE EYE event. Later on in the evening, after the driving event which I did fill up with shell bronze gas I might add, AND after we had been down to see ONE big huge black bear cross the street (he didn't try to eat us, and we didn't try to shoot him)... and after running into Mr. Pickaspat living his dreams through a car dealership RUBICON testdrive it forever take, the PIP and I went down to the video store. From way out across the parking lot I spotted a piece of paper. I rolled into the spot, right over the top of the paper.. kind of like hovering over a fresh kill ( I watched this last week on Grouse Mountain, with the birds of prey demonstration)... and then I said to PIP, look under the car... and there you have it.. plain as day. A nice fresh TWENTY dollar bill for her spending pleasure. I have to admit.. when I drove in I heard a mother yelling (they were a distance away from each other) at her teenage daughter about "something", and the daughter saying back to her mother.. "she doesn't know where ...." but then it faded out. I just let PIP pull out the jackpot from under the car, and saved myself 17 dollars and 26 cents in the process.

I think that the PIP could win a medal in the GOLD digger event for CANADA. There, that could be our first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deanna...you did the gondola at mach speed...you win a gold in my books!!! But hey....then again...so do I!!!