Friday, August 22, 2008

three for two


I was in my regular bear watching spot when mama and her two cubs came flying out of the fields. It is incredible to watch wilderness in action, because at first I just saw mama, and then I was able to see a cub behind her, which I thought was interesting, only because you rarely see one cub in the mix. Shortly after, there was the second cub that popped out from the bushes, and they were all very quick to disappear. I was able to get a couple of shots of both the cubs, but they were not the intensity that I crave, so this is the best there is. AND... here is my secret about being a bear watcher. Cars continuously bypass this spot, and drive down the roads to look in the fields, and yes, I have had my success at seeing bears in the field, but I am content to sit in one spot, and wait... because if you can see in the upper centre of this picture... there was a vehicle just gone past... these bears are very smart, and they wait for no noise before they cross. I can't tell you how many times vehicles cruise through, and then after they have just gone, out comes a bear. Last night was a good night. I saw 6 bears, but then I had some double crossers (as in they walk to the right, to the blueberry fields, and then return back into the bushes). So I had a total of 10 bear sightings last night. One, was rather huge, almost monster like, in fact he was just that a big blueberry eating monster... and too boot, a rather timid one. As he was the guy that came scooting back out of the fields.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: