Sunday, August 17, 2008

Here's a story for you..

The boy is currently looking after the neighbours fish. These people feed the fish twice a day, and probably more when it's sunshiny out.. but I can not be for certain. One thing for certain is that the know-it-all husbandman insisted that he wasn't going to feed those fish more than once a day.... (sssshhh... don't tell the neighbours....). So me, being all big about myself reminded the husbandman of years gone past... way off in our memories, 9as in back in our TWENTIES)that even combined we still can't come up with a strong visualization... on less of course you throw some names in the mix....

Beefy, Smudgy & Tankboss.

Yes people, we had a big fish tank. I don't know how many fish we had... but I know you can count.. so you know we had at least three. Now these fish were the perfection of high maintenance. Beefy & Smudgy were twins, I think they were the GIANT Angel Fish (silver with black stripes), and were pretty cool. Then there was Tankboss, who was black with gold flecks, and also a GIANT Angel Fish... except that he had a bit of a problem... if we didn't feed him at regular intervals, I think he became hypoglycemic, and then fell to the bottom of the tank, until we fed him. Many times I was on my hands and knees with a fish net, swishing Tankboss around the tank and shaking a food tin over him. It seemed to work every time. He flickered his little gills and glided around with the net probing him to eat, and miraculously he recovered. It could have been attention seeking behaviour since Beefy & Smudgy had each other, and were inseparable. This went on forever, and people didn't even believe me when I told them about our hypoglycemic fish. How odd is that?

And now.. the KINGLY Sir husbandman has taken it upon himself to decide when the fish get fed. See, I think I am losing my mind... well, clearly this man has lost his.... feeding the fish... for only once a day....

OH... and here is a Sunday evening quiz... guess who named the fish.... ??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Hamsterson!!

Deanna said...

Prior to the boy, .. well, in actuality it is the only person in the house that goes by their realname. I should have mentioned that the children were only little sparklers when we owned the fishtank.