Monday, August 04, 2008

TWICE in ONE week!




OK... talk about a beautiful Sunday. I picked up my "crazy about bears no matter what it takes friend" yesterday morning. It was glorious outside! After a couple of wrong ways on some very well known streets, we managed to make it to Star.Bucks to find coffee and treats for the ride up to the mountain. We get to the base of GROUSE Mountain, and everybody plus three and a half dogs were scrambling all over the place. It was 0915 in the morning on a Sunday. People are crazy, including us. FINALLY in my life I have handed out some good advice... and that was for my crazy friend to pre-buy her ticket for the gondola so that we did not have to wait in line when we got there. It was very good pre-thinking, so that way the LUJZAGIRL had no time to think about the quick little ride up the very steep cliff trapped in a little 16 x 20 box attached to wire that is supposed to mimick fun! fun! fun! (Breathe Lujza Breath!). I think the ride took 8 minutes to get up there.. but once we were up there... it was all camera, all the time.

We walked past the gift shop and I asked Lujza if we needed to enquire about a new pair up underwear... out of complete bravery she denied needing any! But you know.. with just her and I... it was all about PEE YOUR PANTS fun!

Since it was just the two of us.. we didn't have to contend with children fighting amongst each other... so it was pleasantville! Well, of course you do not want to add tourists children that screech at the top of their lungs, or grown women that meow at grizzlie bears.

I have to admit... I was a bit sly in leaving the homestead... as the girlygirl PIPSTER would have loved to make the trek again with me back to the top of the mountain... but I kept it under my hat... and kind of snuck away.

I got to watch the lumberjack show with the hot looking men with their big strong arms.... more grizzlies, and the rapture show. L-O-VE'-D it all over again. OH.. and because I am truly nice.... I even let the LUJZA LADY know about the fool that hikes himself up a 60 foot pole, then crosses over the top of the pole, along what looks like a stetcher, and then onto another 60 foot pole, stands up, does head stands, and then falls off. I couldn't even look last Monday... because you knew the fate of the guy.. he does fall off the pole... of course securely attached to a zip line.. but people don't really know that... This was maximum fun (NOT) to watch.

I didn't get some good "bird" shots like I did the other day... but I do have ONE great grizzlie photo that I am going to blow up.... it was a GREAT day...

But then I am failing to mention the ride back down the mountain. OK.. OMG... talk about FREAK OUT... which I didn't really... except for the fact that we piled in the 16 x 20 box attached to a string/wire, and then proceeded to FLY DOWN the mountain at what seemed like breakneck speed. Yes, the treetops were almost blurring as we passed them... I was glad to see us land... safely! In fact.. I think last night I had a dream that we ploughed through the sky at such a rate of speed that our gondola box broke through the other side of the ticket box, and settled in the parking lot after tumbling over and over again to a stop. THERE.. hows that for a grand finale L...?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: