Sunday, December 09, 2007

SLAP!

The people at the "center" where I work are currently seeking a 'recreation therapist' type person to work with persons 60+ with mild dementia in a community setting.

I had to spell it out to "these people who are doing the hiring" that this is exactly the something that I have been looking for, for quite some time.......

One of the people that is doing the hiring then told me that she sent the job offer over to the college to attract some people out of the "TR" program to apply.

OK... so ouch... that slap in the face really hurt... but it didn't seem to faze the lady "doing the hiring".

OK... here's that word again.. cover your eyes you tender souls...

FREAKING FUCKING FRIDGMAGNETS. .... how do these people just not get it?

I believe that I will not be the first person that they call on the resume pile.

OH well... I applied for another new job again yesterday.

Man... you would think that with all this resume and job application things that I send around that someone would call.... or NOT!

By the time that I get hired on for more than ONE day a week working with older folks with dementia issues... I will be one myself.... I will wait my turn in line for that one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm 40 and suffer from dementia on a daily basis, sometimes hourly. I need your help. I'll pay you. So when will the milk be delivered?

Deanna said...

You are in a sad way.... REMEMBER... you do not drink milk... you drink wine! OK, so you can't be helped, it's too late.

Sorry... but I'll take my hundred bucks all the same. HA!