Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tim Hortons has returned.

So... in an effort to become a fully contributing member of the household... the husbandman and I went to get some groceries last night.

Now normally this is what the sister and I would DUB "useless-task-night!"

I think the husbandman might have thought in his head... "HOly-shoot-cakes-it's spend the-evening-with-the-wife-night!!".

And because I am an incredibly LOVING wife.. I even told him that. He just stared at me through his wickedly lovely glasses. NO reaction.

Ka ching! Right again...

BUT YOU KNOW...I have this to report... once I have decided that I am going to be his sidekick for the mini adventure... he does begin to talk... about food related items only... not about regular raising children adventures... and their gift requests... which leads me to ponder GREAT thoughts... that if this man has NO input into their christmas gift giving... it only leave the CRAZY one to make the decisions... (let me remind YOU that it was only a couple weeks ago that I was buying all NEW livingroom furniture people....).

So ya.... got in... got out.. got the job done.... made the almost 15 year old boy help bring the groceries in, and help unload them... while I sat at the kitchen table... with pretty little candles flickering away. (that would be the husbandman "turning" them on, not me....)

SO this is where we got to watch BOY WONDER in action... as he put deodorant in the refridgerator, straws in the freezer, and yogurt in the china cabinet. Oh that boy of mine... he is a helpful one.... OK.. and the whole while... the husbandman just busily puts things away... ignoring the antics of his FIRST BORN.

The KILLER is.... "the Till" is up and around, wandering about, in between the two human Yahoos.... when the crazy boy starts in with the "Till voice" (hey,... if a stuffed dog can talk.. why can't the real version of one talk as well....)

It's starts with.... (the boy speaking for Till... aka Ellpee... who has been on her last legs since about AUGUST....).... (hear in your heads if you will a male version miss piggy voice)

"So uhm... did anyone think to get me something to eat... as you all know I am working at starving myself..."

"Here... I will just wander between the two of you... nobody hit me now...., that will only knock me over....."

"How about.. I will break my hip, and all of you can watch me miraculously recover from it.. how about that... would you like to see that.. I could do it.. I really could... LOOK at all the things I have recovered from the past couple of months....."

Yes people... that is the rocket scientist boy speaking for the STILL living dog...

AND albeit that it may not be at all funny speaking about an impending dogs death... I guess it really is hugely funny to see how FAR people will go to cope with the grim details of life.

OH.. and between all of this madness... it has been created by the fact that last night... as I wandered past the MEAT section (well... it was a do-over because the husbandman decided that he really wished to BUY some meat.... which I do not like doing... because I don't really like meat all that much...  except for chicken... is that meat???) WHEN...

I spotted it .....

TIM HORTONS coffee... successfully purchased and now in my home....

No comments: