Friday, December 05, 2008

I mean... who can really sleep when...

You have African elephants running around the deck of your sailboat?

That is what happened to us.

We were out on the sailboat, it was a beautiful day. Everything was going smoothly, with the crew, the crowds and with the animals. But of course somebody had to go and ruin it, and piss of the mother of all elephants. So every time somebody walked past her, she would charge, and the boat would lurch in the water. I had to give my hat to the captain. There were many times that I thought that we were going to capsize.

I couldn't figure out howcome they decided to move the circus and passengers on a sailboat, but somebody made the decision. I guess someone considered it safe. It might have been safe, if we had been on a bigger cargo ship, and the elephant was in a cage, but this was not the case today.

Eventually we came across an island, where it was lush and green, and looked to be the perfect palace for an elephant to live. There was a wharf, and everybody was asked to get off the sailboat, and we waited for the owners to come and aid the elephant off the boat.

The boat, crew and a small number of passengers left the wharf, minus the elephant, and me.

Great... now in my dreams I am getting stuck on elephant island....

2 comments:

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

Hi

Elephant Island.... if you put a "H" at the front and use a silent "T" you get "Hell of an Island"

Elephant Island is a desolate island of the coast of Antarctica. It is here where Shackleton and his crew were marooned in 1916 after a failed attempt to reach the South Pole when their ship was crushed in the ice (before Global Warming)

While stranded, the crew named the island "Hell of an Island" you should read the book about it.. "South" by Sir Ernest Shackleton
Keiths family are named Shackleton also

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

Me again, I can loan you the book, I can bring it down when we next come down to Susans. it is worth reading.