Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I am NOT a weatherwimp!

This morning I packaged the children in the car... and drove them to school. It was minus eight out there, and while that is not cold to the notherners out there...it is cold to us,s o I drove the chicklets.... because. That is what mothers do. Of course I will not talk about how I didn't warm the car up, which made the windshield a bit frosty, which I remedied that with the windshield wipers going full bore with my anti windshield freezie stuff working on overtime... but you know,... the chicklets were warm. Hey... how can one think with a frozen brain?

So anyways....

I was thinking to myself... do I really go to my walking group today... I mean really... who is going to be out in this beautiful, but frigid weather. Well, me and three other ladies, that's who. Away we went, with layers, and hats, and bundles of coats beneath us.... and made our regular walking trek.

Yes.. I am not a weather wimp... but of course ... you ask me to move to Williams Lake.. and be a mailman... well... that title might change quite drastically.

4 comments:

Susan said...

It is cold but also amazingly clean and fresh. I wish I had gone for a toodle in it. The joy of working nightshift is that while the real humans are out enjoying the chrispy sunshine, I am holed up in my bed like a hibernating sloth!!!!!
Tonight is my last night. I want to pop by on Thursday if you are free< What do ya say? A little Christmas Coffe Clash? Or you could come here. Let me know!
Forecast for more snow tonight!!!!! Chardge those batteries.

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

What you have is not cold, it was minus 15 here today and with the wind, it was chilly. I hope you took your camera on the walk.
While it has been windy, the lakes have stayed open, but this afternoon, the wind stopped and the local lakes started to freeze over, there may be skating sonn on the lakes, i will have the camera ready.

Deanna said...

You will both be saddened that I am a seasoned walker, where cameras should not go. We walk at such a clip that the fastest shutter speed can not keep up with us.

BUT... I did learn my lesson yesterday to.... I used to keep my little digital with me at all times... but have quit over the last number of months... when lo and behold, who is cruising through Leigh Square... but Santa Claus!... handing out candy canes. Now I wish I would have had my camera for that.... I am not certain where is sleigh was, but he was the real deal... !

Michele said...

Gosh, I walk a lot and I think I'm a weatherwimp... LOL. I don't like it and I complain a lot. hehe... Mind you, it was - 28 C when I walked yesterday morning and I had never endured so much pain in my legs and face from cold in my life... I DO NOT recommend it.
Today it is - 19 C... a little better but snowing all day long!
And cameras don't operate properly at temperatures this cold and believe me, I'm too busy trying to keep warm then thinking about photography... heh.
Keep warm!!
~Michele~