Wednesday, March 05, 2008

You can't even ask the question

Some people are given some pretty low and vicious blows in life. They just are. It's that simple. There is no explaining it, no understanding it and no questioning it, some people are given the odds of living far less than the average person. There are just no answers. It is plain and simply sad.

When the Canadian Cancer Society called my house earlier this evening and asked if I would like to be a canvasser this year, I instantly said yes. I have never been asked to do this volunteer task before, but it is all I can do to help others.

This phone call came at a time when I was feeling completely helpless. My good friend Susan left word on her blog that her niece had some rather devastating news, and that she requires a miracle to survive her next battle with cancer. Yes, next battle, as she has already been through this just a short while ago.

Since I can not help this fine young lady with her next battle, I can at least do my part, and hopefully find some donations to aid in research that might bring about an end to this horrific disease.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Deanna,
Every little bit of help for cancer research makes a huge difference. Thanks for doing what you can. And thanks for your support.
Do you know how to make origami cranes? If not, you will want to learn. We are starting a surprize crane project for Kayla. The Legend goes, if you make a 1000 cranes, you will get your wish. I am asking bloggers to make cranes to contribute to Kaylas miracle!
Ill send you more details when I get back.
join the Yahoo groups - senbazuru if you would like. Heidi and I did it for my friend Ellen last year and it felt really wonderful.

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

Hi, good for you doing your bit with canvasing
Last month, Pat did a swim in Okanagan Lake to raise money for cancer, it was an Eastern Star project. the swim was the same day as a bigger group on the Island.
In case you dont recognise Pat, she has the fuzzy blue and pink hat and clown suit
Pictures are on my Okanagan Daily Photo blog, link on my main blog
http://okanagandailyphoto.blogspot.com/