Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Why now...

It's 7:45 am, I've been up since 05:30.... and I am not sure why I need to start the typing now... but you know... the words have come to mind.

So....

If I do a rough calculation... I have approximately spent about 10 hours trying to hook up the wireless adapter for the boys XBOX thingy. I finally did it.

I am not sure what compelled me... but you know there had to be a way to understand this technology... and in the end... it was just too darm simple.

L... this is for you.... (not that you want your kids any closer to gaming than I do!)

BUT... I know that this would eat away at you as well...

Anyways... when I called to the "land of XBOX"... (because the guy on the phone wasn't allowed to reveal his location!)... he told me to connect to a unsecured wireless network... guess what

WHALA!

We were able to connect to XBOX live, and sign up.. unfortunately (tsk tsk tsk tsk) I put the boys REAL AGE into the system, and my FAKE AGE, so now he is unable to download all kinds of games that he would like to play... talk about the truth HURTING! As pissed as he is about his lowly status of only beign 13... he is also pleased that I was able to connect him to the big world. He is also greatful that I have TOLD him that I would not be doing a good job as a parent if he was allowed to do as he pleased with all his gaming ways.. and ultimately it is a way of protecting him... as much as he doesn't want to hear it. The bonus today was the fact that he was up and showered by 07:10.

It's time to make a lunch or two...

1 comment:

Wind Blossom said...

Funny you should mention that....we discovered our teenage neighbour connecting to MY wireless network...oh the atrocities!!