Thursday, March 20, 2008

Issues in cameraland

I have none really.

I make it a habit to research on line the facts about the cameraland that I live in. It's very painful to read paragraph after paragraph, and it all makes sense, and I GET IT, just to close the sight... and move on.. and then wonder ... OH... how did that work again.. even after I studied the facts. I guess the facts only make sense to me while it is front of me.

This is completely similar to the same problem I have with piano music... put it in front of me, and I can play... take it away, and you might as well give me a tub of water to play in...because I am certainly not going to make music come out of it.

OH.. and on the musical notes front...

The BOY of mine watched GREASE the other night. He quite liked it... although he wouldn't admit to liking it... because that would just be so wrong... anyways... now he can recite the songs from that film as well. He is quite lucky that boy of mine.

AND.. the non musical....

Speaking of the news... she likes the news, and that is what she watches. She prefers the weather bit... but it might just be KRISTI GORDON. Her TOY stuffed german shepherd Cicely really likes KRISTI GORDON... and yells out in her high pitched voice when she comes on. Although the GIRL still likes the senior meteorologist Mark Madryga, it's KRIST GORDON that makes her and the dead stuffed TOY dog smile!

I should probably charge my batteries if I wish to talk more about cameraland adventures.

Thank you Mr. W. for giving me some ideas about my education in camerland. I own a FILM Canon Rebel SLR, and the husbandman gave me a NIKON D40X digital for Christmas. I really loved the photos that I took with the canon, but with the technology RUNNING AWAY with the times... I just couldn't stand not having that instant gratification that SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE had... so probably four years agoI went to the MINI DIGITAL (Nikon coolpix)... which did the trick for quite some time, but it didn't give me enough options to FIDDLE. Now I can fiddle to my hearts content, have instant gratification, and change lenses all in a heartbeat. I have no complaints... other than my constant experimentation, scrutiny, and picture reviews that I challenge myself with. I could go with the EASY GREEEN button... but those aren't the kind of pictures that I wish to take...hence the trauma in my brain!

The other day I settled to take pictures with maneuving the settings with my aperature, and ISO.. just to see what happens when.....

I have seen some portraits done with the background completely blurred, and I just love the look of the main subject right smack in your face, and the rest is not important.

It's all one adventure after another... and if I could get any amount of information to stick in my brain, then it wouldn't be such a revelation each time I use it.

It's not the information that I require.... it's just a brain with memory. Now I wish I could purchase that type of technology.

No comments: