Wednesday, March 19, 2008

OK so...

I have been playing with my camera.

I took a bundle of pictures yesterday, but of course half of those were practice shots, and the rest... well... I just got lucky.

I am trying to RAM it into my brain: ISO speed & aperture in order to manage random portraits.

I could use the GREEN button, and take photos the EASY way, but I am trying to figure things out.

I clearly have to have my CRAP together when the PRINCESS is on the MayDay float. I think I will opt for the easy button that day.... I just have to... otherwise it could be a complete bad adventure in camera land...

OH.. and speaking of Princesses... I made the Princess PIP a pink dress... just n time for EASTER, she is more than thrilled.

It has been a dangerous adventure since I had to enlarge the pattern, without really knowing how to enlarge... of course I gave myself a crash test via the internet yesterday morning, but I didn't seem to like the way I was supposed to take the pieces apart.. so I just WINGED it.

I have managed to put together the pink dress without much cursing swearing or hissy fitting. Mind you .. I haven't put the zipper in yet. PLUS.. the PIP has currently left the homestead... and I am thinking that the dress requires a dart or two.

I just can't wait until I can do it all over again with the table-cloth-mistaken-for-a-princess-dress material that I have yet to do.

2 comments:

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

It may be easier to go to Value Village for clothes than making them.
What sort of camera did you get, I have two DSLRs with interchangable lenses both Pentax, K10 and K100
and a bunch of lenses and after 30 years with cameras with interchangable lenses, still get it wrong

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

All that stuff with the cameras like ISO, aperture shutter speed, nothing has changed from film days, I always had a film SLR so already know that stuff from film days, you can pick up old photography books at thrift stores and its all in there.
My old film cams were Pentax so was able to use the lenses on my Pentax digital.
If you always set the camera to Auto, you never learn all that stuff.
If you try the manual setting, sunsets are great, let less light into the camera for dramatic sunsets.