Friday, May 11, 2007

One day turned into another

My days are too short. Especially in May. That is what I have decided.

I love the month of May. It is a hugely busy time for me, as everything that I wish to get accomplished must be accomplished in the shortest time possible.

I am currently moving hoards of dirt from my frontyard to my backyard. This is all being done as I disassemble my very ugly front yard garden. I have dug and flattened and spread and it doesn't seem like I have done much at all. It is one of those slowly and steadily kind of things.

So far the past two weeks have been hugely uneventful as I lead a fairly completely boring life, as I kind of sort of like.

  1. The PIP had a 10 year old birthday party. I think it turned out good. I have pictures of the festivities locked away in the computer.. I will eventually get to them.
  2. Ants invaded our lovely and new laundry room. I welcomed the invasion and fed them some lovely ant food... the stuff that kills nests and queens and little worker ants, all of course with the echo of "eat, eat my little pretties... eat" bellowing above their heads. They have now disappeared... until the next round.
  3. I called an electrician. Yes I did. That is the reason that the husbandman has stalled on the renovation project. All because he had to make a phone call. So, there has been no project because the husbandman can not pick up a telephone and dial. Last night as he read the newspaper I called the electrician again, and fortunately he answered... so then I handed the telephone over to the newspaper reading husbandman. Highly bizarre really, but now the non-project might take on some new light.
  4. I am very glad that American Idol is close to finishing, as well as Survivor. My television addictions will lesson after this week.
  5. On top of re-arranging the front and back yard I have had in the forefront of my mind... "we are at the risk of being flooded out". We live in a flood plain, and with the record snow packs that have occured over this past winter we are now living with the threat of floods. "They" have raised the dikes by four feet.. but I am only hoping that that will be the trick should the case arise. It's a bit worrisome that all the years of hard work, and mortgage payments could be lost in a moment of time.
  6. Yae... the Pip is going to school with the husbandman....and the freaky shaking silly catdog.

2 comments:

Susan said...

OK so you are still out there. Sounds like an awful lot of work. I always liked your front yard!

Chastity said...

Ten years!? This shows me how long I've been reading your blog...she was just a little kid when I started.