Saturday, May 19, 2007

the long long weekend

It is an exciting event, the long weekend that is.

We have absolutely no plans, no expectations, no places to be, and no commitments to behold. What a pleasant notion!

There's groceries in the cupboards, the laundry is ALL done, the aged and ugly kitchen is clean, the lawns are mowed, the car is washed, even the PIP's room is in some semblance of order. I know I have loads of work still waiting for me, including a green waste run, and a dump run, but something even more important....

I will share a very exciting secret though..... brace yourself.

The husbandman is going to pull out the rest of the bushes from the front yard. OK, you can breathe now. This sudden excitement is all news to me.. as he announced it just moments ago.

I will go and take a before and after picture before he begins. I like this guy... as he was the one that wanted absoutely nothing to do with the front yard renovation thing. I guess that doesn't include the fence he built, then painted, and the three fence planters that he bought me for Mother's Day, when I asked him to buy nothing. He is so helpful at this "wanting nothing to do with the front yard reno thing".

1 comment:

Chastity said...

YES! Take a before and after picture!! We've done so many home improvement projects lately and we have taken almost pictures, and it's so upsetting after it's all done and you want to compare.