Thursday, March 22, 2007

More for a Thursday:

I can't believe that this "spring break" is almost over. The week has shot by so fast that it has happened in a blur. I have enjoyed the fact that the regular duties of the days have been all jumbled up, and I have been doing other stuff that I wouldn't normally do.

I did manage to get mounds and mounds of laundry done. The washer and dryer spent the whole day humming and spinning behind our french doors in the beautiful laundryroom. The final load was put to rest when it came time for the "catdog" to go her "beddy", and her wicker basket full of comforters and mattress pads were clean, fresh and warm for her to curl up in.

I think I even managed to clean out some of the boys closet, my closet, and the girls floor. It was incredible really, and to think that earlier in the day I had gone on the "mission impossible" drive with the little lady chickster. It was funny to watch her sitting all the way at the back of the Mazda 5. I think if she could have worn a sparkly crown and donned white gloves, it would have been more her style, but then the vehicle would have had to been a "rolls royce" or something.

I was thrilled to hear from a friend earlier today. I will have to say she was the blame for me not buying my new mop today. I need a new mop, and was prepared to purchase it before I went to the group this afternoon... but then her and I started chatting, and that was that. I should have bought a new mop when the Pickaspats and us went to the PNE earlier in the summer. I just knew that I would have wanted a new mop for this year... and now that PNE mop is failing, I can't wait until August to purchase a new one. I am not certain if we will go to the PNE this year, as the PIP is really wanting to ride the roller coaster over and over again.. so I might just bite the bullet and purchase a "Playland" ride pass for a day, and fill her wishes that way... it's still early into the year... these thoughts could change at random!

I was thinking about a cleaning lady... I mean the chicken farmers wife has a cleaning lady, and up until this year she didn't work ... or work in the real sense of leaving the home for many hours and that sort of crap. One of my Kim friends has a cleaning lady now. She was rather cheerful when I talked to her on Saturday about her non-duties that she didn't have to perform, and instead was colouring easter eggs with her boy. I am really in love with the "cleaning lady" thing. I was even reading a blog earlier about how someone needed something cleaned in her own home, and the cleaning staff wasn't available to her. Now how inconvenient is that, to have to actually clean something in your own home, because 'someone' wasn't available! I wish for that irksome moment anytime. "Random cleaning!" As I continued to think about a cleaning lady, a great thought came to mind... I have children... I have aging children... I have aging children that wish for things.. I have aging children that wish for things, but really do not have any money... So then.. I wished for my aging children to start making some money by doing some "things" around here to earn money.. I think I already have the schedule half planned in my head.... see, I may have memory issues, but I believe that my mind is still brilliant... cough cough cough.... so what this really means is a cheaper version of a cleaning lady when she is in a pissy mood so she only does a half ass job. Not bad really, because the employer isn't going to be paying any shit hot wages! (They will never know... he he he he eh he he he hehe he he).

The Pip and I went to the mall earlier today. We found some good deals. Of course the boy felt very cheated that the Pip came home with three pairs of shoes, toys, and a picture of her and I. The boy left this house knowing full well where we were going, but instead chose to leave and run to the neighbours house, and when I yelled for him, the door slammed. I was of half the mind to not bother dropping off a key, but thought better of that, since the family next door just may kick him out, and there he would be sitting on our rain soaked front porch... hmmmm. Anyways, he was pulling some hugely sad face, when I cut it short telling him that we had to actually hunt for his new bedding, and spend time trying on all kinds of runners for her. It was no picnic, well except for the part when her and I ate some sushi and shared an iced tea, and wondered through that evil empire of sweetly sickly happiness of build a bear... and I told him I probably would have found some poor soul to cut his rooster head of hair anyways. He was silent after that.

It's odd to be sitting here at this time of night, as we are usually engrossed with the show that nobody admits they watch (survivor), or more importantly.. I am scrapbooking with the Debbies.

On that thought.. scrapbooking.... as I was going through my very full closet yesterday, I was once again storing all kinds of cards, and trinkets for some sort of memory box. A lot of this stuff can be pasted onto pages and stuffed in an album. I need to find an album that I can just paste stuff into... because, that way when I am maybe two years older than I am now, I can look at the thank you notes, and the pictures of peoples children, and be able to re-live memories. I have oodles of christmas cards that are far to personable (home made) or pretty just to toss away. I must keep them... keep most of them... keep some of them... keep a couple maybe... but anyways... I was thinking about all the piles of STUFF that I have accumulated in the closet, and it would be appreciated much more on a shelf, stuffed in a book, where the dust only collects on the edges of the shelves.. I mean, ever since I build the husbandman the "dead dog album", I look at pictures of our "evil queen" way more than when I did when they were in a tiny album.

So that is it... I think, I could still be back, or not, as the boy has happened to come along and wishes to control this space now.

No comments: