Saturday, March 24, 2007

I think it might be raining outside

That has been the constant statement for the past five days now; however, for the moment...it has stopped. In the two minutes that it took me to lookup the official use of a semi colon, the first statement has made me a complete liar. It is raining harder so that it is now bouncing up from the ugly back deck.

In other non news worthy events:

We went to go and see the "wild hogs" yesterday. It was a good movie for the kids to see. Yes, there was a bit of language, and we had to view a mans naked bottom. But as far as I know that is one part of the anatomy that does not cause me to hide my eyes. I even enjoyed watching it. I have to admit when I take to the kids to see their token semi annual movie that usually the adult is charged twice the price, for 1/8th the viewing pleasure, this one rated pretty good on that scale.

The chincy blooming japanese plum tree is out in full bloom. It is quite ugly. A couple blooms here, a couple of blooms there.. it is nothing to look at. The japanese plum trees were cheated in their creative evolution process, and we are now hostages to the squint inducing blooms that it produces every year.

I tried to poison the handsome son last night. I made a taco salad, which I added a mild salsa to the hamburger, that had diced tomatoes in it, and onions ( oh the horror!), he picked at a couple pieces of lettuce, and a piece of meat, and couldn't possibly eat another bite. This type of behaviour has never changed since he was a little guy. He has never eaten food that appeared out of sorts in any way, shape or form. I am not worried, one day he'll realize that he will enjoy the food items that are given to him.

In other forms of cruetly bestowed upon the hamsterson; I took him for a hair cut. He looks a lot better, although he is complaining that we can see his ears. I have tried to explain to him that we have always been able to see his ears, it has just been lately that we haven't been able to. That poor boy.

I have seen what it's like here in the Saturday morning adventures of the little family. The Pipster walked up to me and asked if she could have her regular Saturday morning breakfast. She was prepared to start her smore preparation when I cracked down on that routine. She diligently ate some oatmeal, but has now completed her task of warming her marshmellows while I was distracted by the phone. Even the husbandman asked me what was wrong with me not letting the chickster Pipster have her regular saturday morning bizarrefest breakfast!

Well, I just looked outside... I believe the word is no longer rain, but PISSING out!

No comments: