Monday, March 12, 2007

Daylight

So it has rained pretty steady over the past number of days, with yesterday concluding the festival with pounding rain. As I was driving home yesterday evening I crossed a number of hoses that were being drained from people's basements. My friend down the street had computer equipment learning to swim in their basement. ICK! We had a swimming pool welling up in our back yard, but it seems that the trampoline stood it's ground and claimed it trampoline territory only.

Now the wind has picked up. I guess the next fear is wet roots leaving their groundling nesting spots, as we have witnessed here over the past number of months.
Stanley Park

I have noticed one little treasure to the eye, and that is the deciduous trees taking on pink and green hues as their leaves are just about to emerge for the season. This time of year always excites me.


Oh, and I noticed last week that the great blue heron nests had survived the winter storms, and what looked to be empty nests last week are actually full of baby blue herons. I saw perched on top of their nests on my way to work in the early morning WET!




Stanley Park

No comments: