Tuesday, December 26, 2006

More is better.

Just in case I didn't have enough money transacting through the Mastercard, I added more today. I didn't wake up thinking that I was going to make my Mastercard smoke, but it happened none the less.

It didn't faze on me the other day when the husbandman spoke of certain 17 year old vehicles that needed watering and antifreeze top ups. Those words didn't register at all, until this morning. I asked the husbandman what that vehicle of ours was up to. He shrugged his shoulders, then went to have a shower. While he was in the shower I noticed that the newspaper had been left open to a certain Mazda dealer, with Boxing Day specials to be had.

I marched into the bathroom and started hissing all silly and frantic like.... I asked him if the vehicle still had the power to run around like a good vehicle should. "What's your answer????" I hissed to him, as I stood outside the shower and was unable to read his body language, as I usually have to do, since he is a guy that quite simply doesn't talk.

There and then I drove myself out to the local Mazda dealer, and negotiated a deal. The husbandman refused to do the "car salesman" work that was required, and left me to my own devices.

I purchased a Mazda 5. Indigo Blue. Five Speed.
There, belated Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to myself.
Now that is good Boxing Day shopping!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, you finally did it!!!!!

Susan said...

Congratulations, I am so happy for you. So what happens to old faithful now? And I dont mean Rod.

Happy Birthday.

Deanna said...

The old faithful has already been backed into the driveway location. My items have been unpacked, and "THE KING" now has retained all rights for primping and priming and fitting it for good solid rock bed climbing... which is what he has wanted it for, for years.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah!!! Congratulations and most happiest belated birthday wishes!!! I will now have to look harder on the streets of PoCo to find my trusted friend.

The first week the kids are back in school.....coffee....you....and me!