Friday, December 29, 2006

How about lunch?

The chicklets and I went out and about to "do junk" yesterday. It was near impossible to get everyone out the front door without destroying each other in the process. This involved menial tasks that involved a slight bit of grocery shopping, which the boy has a completel aversion to. (Although the reason for the shopping trip was for cereal which is his favourite meal of the day).

As I stood in the line up at Costco to purchase batteries and cereal I sent the children to go and stand in the food line up in Costco. There was a big long line, and I was tired of them standing with me and bickering. There was a method to my madness. They were both to go and stand in line together, and if they didn't stand in that line up they wouldn't get an ice cream cone. (Something of which they never get!) The girl came back to my line up once, and I told her if she didn't return to her brother, then she would be icecreamless. Yes people, it's a cruel world out there. I have to admit, the magic worked. I clearly didn't give them enough money, especially when I added a Latte to the list of their two ice cream cones. So the two of them had to figure out how much many they required, and had to do so in a manner appropriate to the great outdoors, where other peoples eyes would be watching their antics. HA! They managed. The funny part to this little ploy was the fact that the line up that I was in moved like a charm, and then I had to stand, staring off into space for the two bickering children to make it through the line up with their cones. It was peaceful after that.

With everyone ice creamed and latte'd up we made our way out to the much admired square shopping mall, and ended up with some good purchases, like floor mats and a pair of runners. Well, also socks for the sockless boy. Poor child! ( I think that is the reason they sell socks in a runner store, for the fools that arrive sockless and holey!) The girl even managed to score a pair of laces for her aging but still in very good condition except the laces runners.

The boy had brought his camera with him on this adventure of the day and we travelled over to Pitt Lake. A very nice spot for pictures. As we were about to leave the boy wished to take some pictures of three signs, with the sun in the background. There was also a cement barricade located next to the sings. He was busy shooting pictures like some photo journalist when he casually made it back to the brand new Mazda5. "Uhm Mommy, I think I see a pile of bones behind the barricade". The girl and I got out of the vehicle to investigate this matter. I was kind of ooogied out, but I did it anyways. And sure enough, there were bones! Yes, lot of bones. Included in the bones were two skulls, which looked like cow skulls, or some type of animals skull. The girl in her great wisdom was intrigued with the boney mess. Her comment: "Wow, it looks like someone had a good lunch around these parts".

Enough said!

No comments: