Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Deanna Deanna Deanna

Oh where have you been?
Battling the storms that bring lots of white, and very messy green.

The snow I could live with, and I loved the four wheel drive...
but the wind terrified me, with my trees that reached well into the sky.

I have mailed christmas cards to many, and hand delivered some too
Mind you mine weren't hand made, like Lujza's very fancy ones, thank you!

The knitting needles have had a work out this past number of days,
as I had to build a scarf for the mother that sported blue fluffy flays!

Of course I had to take time to watch Yul win a million from Survivor...
The one show I watch, especially with people like Yul to admirer...

We have attended dinners and parties and small festive events,
and cruised the christmas light displays, which around here are pretty decent!

I have planned, and shopped, and skittered around...
delivered children to destinations, while keeping my feet on the ground.

I haven't managed to stay normal in some way or another,
this twitch in my eyelid, has certainly become a bother.

I had to yell at the dentist people for ripping out the Pip's two baby teeth,
in the meantime we had a plan to march around Christmas land, except now we had to watch her bleed.

I have ran about the craft store and gathered tidbits of scrapbooking gear,
so I could put together an album of our dead dog Cicily, of almost two years.

I managed to learn a tune on the piano, which was a rather huge undertaking,
considering I had never heard the song "Christmas Is a Feeling".

The Stroke Group did a craft.. something that we had never done before...
but it turned out a success since the craft was mailed as a "card" to each of their doors.

The Boy has managed to be a challenge, with his wierd and funny ways,
continually asking him to practice his piano, and do his homework, for many countless days.

I finally managed to purchase a huge roll of christmas wrap...
I am running out of hours to now wrap up all this crap!!!

I went to a christmas party, where I stayed past midnight.
I thought I better leave when my good friend of many years hadn't said a word to me all night.

The boy had his piano recital, which started at 6:30 PM
I can honestly say, oh he was ready for them!

I bought the girl a beautiful dark blue dress, which she really didn't need,
but as I passed by the sale rack, it sang out to me.

I thought that she would look lovely, as she could wear it on the stage,
where she would sing a christmas carol, as it is the schools only christmas "forray"

I still have to shop for the Christmas day feast, which I can safely say I will not cook,
the King will be at the helm, for that he is on the hook.

The frenzy has settled a little, and the twitch still remains in my eye
I will create some lists to help me, or at least it might try...

I have a couple days left, to finish up my stuff..
I even tried to get Saturday off, by buttering up the staffing clerk.. which is prooving very tough

But as for now the house is finally decorated, with the tree the last thing to do.
Except for me to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, from me to all of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved this post!