Tuesday, June 23, 2009

In need of a perk!

I am on the last bit of the coffee grounds... this is dangerous stuff to be without coffee in the homeland. Not that I couldn't walk 20 minutes in one direction, and 20 in other other to cure the addiction... I do like it available to me at all times.. just because.

Mind you... I am also out of wine. BUT that my friends is nothing new... I am forever out of wine.. I think I will go back to having it bottled. It's just so exciting to open up a cupboard and go.. "oh my.. a bottle of wine... yes, that will be nice". Really, it's christmas every day... or easter... if chocolate is your gift of choice.

Things being perked at the moment:

THE HAIR.

OK.. OMG peoples... just how I was able to go out in public with quad-coloured hair is beyond me. (The people with the pretty streaks don't count... because they paid actual money for that amount of colour). Mine just comes by it naturally. I am not into this natural greying process. Maybe one day, but today isn't it. Now the husbandman... he is quite good at it... and I like him like that... but if the tables were turned, and he had this ancient wife looking wife with her evil sense of humour throwing darts at him on an hourly (why go for daily!) basis.. I would need to the blakc eyeliner to draw a black dot on my nose.

So.. it is being perked as I type. Hopefully the flavour will not take long to infuse, as I have to be at the walking group in 1 hour.

In other things perky:

The lady at the Sr. Centre wanted to know if the hamsterson would like to come and volunteer Wednesday mornings to pour coffee. The hamsterson is violently shy when he wants to be... I do have an evil plan up my sleeve.... I would really like him to crack out of shell and "do" something that is out of his comfort zone.. (Like pouring coffee...., and putting muffins on plates)... it will do him good to put himself out there. Tomorrow is his first day. OH.. and the evil-ee hatched plan... that whole retainer thing that I made him buy.... well.. I put it on my M.Card, (of course airmiles!), and I will just pay for it... because I had told him that HE had to pay for it.... because I had already invested enough money into his orthodontics. Money talks... to a 14 year old that doesn't have any money. He might just like pouring coffee after all.

THE GIRL is completely put out. She wanted to pour coffee, she wanted to go and help.. she ... she... she... she.... I told her next year that she can pour all the coffee that she wishes for, and bake up a storm... that they would keep a place for the "baker" girl.

ACTUALLY under the PERK section... I found this 1 week program that was offered for 13 - 17 year olds.... of course the boy being the NON joiner that he loves to be does not wish to do it... too bad the girl is one year too young to join... as she would love to do it... perhaps next year. Someone remind me!

HOPEFULLY someone finds my little pictures that have been accepted in the microstock world. I had 5 pictures accepted,and 2 rejected. The rejects are based on the amount of lens flare. Of course the whole point is to find a picture worth uploading.. and now that is a challenge... I can have 300 % of my pictures accepted... but the whole point is to sell them.. perhaps eventually that will happen.... I thought my 3.51 were big gains... but the BIL said to me that he had 250.00 dumped in his account!... on a picture that sat for over a year.

More perks that have come to mind....

The husbandman helped me wash my car the other day. It was by accident. He happened to be waiting for his BOYFRIEND to fly over our houses... and being a diligent, and good boyfriend.. he patiently waited... and as we waited I just happened to want to wash the car... (little did I know that he had a greater purpose)... but then along came our visiting neighbour.. (he is currenlty working in Toronto for 6 months...) while his family stays here. So they pull in... and I start telling the ever funny Mr. Ed that there has been a shift in the neighbourhood.. and this is how things are done now... (as he watches the husbandman wash the car....), but in reality... the shift was the husbandman waiting for the boyfriend to do the fly over... it just so happened that my PERK of the day was the coincidence of flying and car washing.

Well... I am off to do things with the hair. Hopefully the colour will find it's way back to the top of my hair, rather than on the ends, it would be most helpful in the "de-clowning" department!

No comments: