Thursday, June 11, 2009

the Fledge

Now that the lovely little eaglets are almost ready to fledge I have opened up the zap live screen to see an empty nest at times. I quickly check the seek points to see if someone has captured the final moments in the nest... but so far, the now not so little eaglets are still perched around the eight feet worth of nest high up in the tree top.

I am not sure how I am going to manage to waste away 15 minute chunks of time staring at a computer screen in the coming weeks, once the triplets make their way in the world.. oh wait.. I believe I can already do that... but you know... this is nature.... and I do love the watching.... although it was pretty intense a couple of weeks back when the youngest had his foot/leg caught in twine almost around a tree... yes, I couldn't have made it back for that regular viewing had there been that horrible demise in the nest... but fortunately the greater of good was on this little guys side, and he survived the harrowing event.. had he been a slight bit younger, it would have been over for him.. I think he sat for a whole day snaggled up next to the tree, and the parents never went to him with food.

Anyways.... back to the fledge... it will be lovely to see them leave the nest.. and I will always wonder .. when I stare up into the great blue skies.. and wonder if these are one of the boys or girls I watched grow. Cool, no?

In the meantime... I have the little family doing their owning fledgling activities. The boy with his GF, the husbandman learning his way around the computer world, and downloading & uploading his own pictures, with my very minimal assistance.. and then I have the girly girl flashdriving her slideshow for the teacher, checking and filling the jeeps tires with air, running the lights for the "MacBeth" play she was in... and then of course her grand stage appearance witht he show stopping ONE line: " In all my years I must confess, I have never seen such dire distress".

Me on the other hand... I just water my plants and watch them grow. AND I AM OK WITH THAT... not complaining, not whining.. just stating... oh but wait.. I must include my fantastical state of laundry detail that I run... and the incredible ability to amass airmiles, with the least amount of money involved in earning them. I haven't told the family yet.., but I will tell the world.. because it's on the edge of your seat, up to minute life reporting that gets you through the day... I have enough toilet paper and cereal to get the WHOLE crescent through the next toilet paper makers strike & Rice Krispy CRISIS. One would believe that I am starting early for the Alzheimers Club with the hoarding of articiles... but alas I will blame it on airmiles... for the moment.

On the bear front... I haven't seen any lately.. and of course... this is what makes front page news.. one was shot DEAD, and a mother and her two cubs were relocated. Not that I know what level of relocation this actually was... hopefully it was in a optimal location, but not heavenly...

AND finally.. the boy has his big rock band appearance tomorrow night. It's a Friday night, not sure how the husbandman is going to SURVIVE this one... but I did remind him in an evily wifely motherly manner that THIS is what having children is about... WATCHING them, and their accomplishments. Date night will have to start later... G.A.W.D. I didn't have to really evily tell him... I think he knows this fact... I was just serving up an obvious reminder.

so ya.... got to get to the obligations now.... AND I am going to buy myself a new rake.. not sure what happened to the other TWO rakes, but they are gone... the wire like ones, I already have FOUR rakes.. but not the metal ones.. that get to the bottom of your lawn... with the advancement of NO WEED KILLER allowed in the city ... I am going to have to get rid of the lawn weeds at a quicker rate than I have been.... hopefully the 5.88 will be all that it takes.

No comments: