Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Handley life recap....

OH trust me... it's simple and quick. I am not into the high stakes living with DRAMA attached to it. ICK!

Friday night the boy had his rockband show with the school. It was quite the small time event. Some of these 13-14 year old kids have some true budding talent. They started the show with "Carry on My Wayward Son". It was quite good... and I am going to say.. I was most impressed with the keyboardist. Not only did he flit from organ to piano, and then jumped up to the bongos, he played it in the dark. Except when the bongo solo arrived, he had lights on him then.. because you know.. it's hard to hit two bongo drums correctly, rather than two separate keyboards, and find the right keys at the same time. Further into the show the boy played "Sweet Home Alabama" on the piano, and it sounded brilliant against his fellow bandplayers. He also played the electric guitar in a song called "chop Suey", but the singing was unfortunately unforgetable, so the music went on the way side. Interesting though.. he does play the song on the acoustic guitar, and it doesn't sound that bad. He was supposed to play "Enter Sandman", but two people could not be at the performance, so it had to be knixed at the last moment. Too bad.. it sounded good. It was lovely to see him in his element.

Saturday the FUSSY DOLL went off to her babysitting course. She is now a fully ticketed babysitter girl. I appreciated the fact that I dumped her into this course, all on her lonesome, and away she went to do her thing. I am trying to think about what I did Saturday night... but that thought is escaping me... I do remember the phone ringing at 10:00, and it was the MIL telling the husbandman that she had a mouse in her house. Oh dear.

Sunday was full of adventures... of course the day started off with a bang. It really did. Not sure what the "big bang" was... but it was definitely just that.. " a big bang". After that out came the hoses, and then the laundry machines, and then the dishwasher, and the kitchen sink. But not to be burdened with house work.. the PIP and I left to go for the Strides for Strokes at Peace Arch park. It was exciting... and I was nervous about missing the turn off so I would have to go through the border... because going through the border has turned into such a PITA, and not because of the documentation, it's the piss-ass comments they fire out, and one mistaken eyebrow ruffle could mean that your car gets ripped apart to be searched... and then you are left with the mess, and the price tag of having it put back together.

Alas.. we made the turn-off. Whew.
OH.. and how exciting for me... I chatted to Mark Madryga. Now the thing is.. I like this guy. He has a genuine good natured character about him, and is always will to take the joke, and take it in style. He strikes me as the underdog, but always comes out ahead. Of course he is also the weatherman.. and I watch him every morning.. with usually the day starting out... "good morning mark". I do not say hello to my husband.. after all .. we have been sleeping together in the same bad all night... so it's always "good morning mark". It was the Fuss that lead me to him.. the poor guy was just trying to eat his hotdog.. and I said to him... " Hurry up and shovel that hotdog.. I am only the next person in line to talk to a good weather guy". He should have taken off running at that point.... because the PIP and I went on to tell him stories from the Handley Homeland. We both claimed we were a regular average family.. but of course we inquired as to whether Kristi Gordon was going to change her name, .. .only because our stuffed dog prance loves yelling out ... "Kristi Gordon.. Oh I love her!!!... but where's Mark?" to the TV when the weather comes on.. yes, people, we tried to sell him on the fact that we were normal.... as he choked and gagged his hotdog down.

WE drove home from Peace Arch Park, and then headed out to Pitt Meadows, where the Golden Ears Bridge was having a grand opening street festival of sorts. There was thousands of people making their way onto the bridge on foot. It was incredible to walk up this massive structure, down the centre lane, and know that this event will never happen again... it was totally cool. Luckily for us... we missed the backlog of line-ups of people that had happened earlier into the day.. and all we did was walk up and down the bridge... totally cool.

Then we went to the Mall. It wasn't a good mall... I feel sorry for the little merchants in this mall... I am not even sure how these people can make a living .. there was barely anyone in the place. AND.. there wasn't an ARDENE'S. That is the most favourite of all the places to be.. at the "coquitlam centre" .. where we normally hang out.

And then Monday came along, and we HAD to get to the mall so the boy could buy a purple shirt, and then I could assist in retrieving a blind, snarling, terrified dog out of the middle of an intersection, with crazy people screaming at me... but you know what.. holy smokes people.. all I could focus on was this totally terrified blind dog hopping around the middle of a fairly busy intersection. Of course I had a little carload of the boys friends with me... and they all wondered what was up... and the boy told them.. this is regular life with us. It was all very strange.. and like I say and think.. it happened so fast, I could almost in fact not remember that it actually happened.. although it did take some time to get this little dog off the road... and the cars were slowly backing up all over the place. OH well...I think I was instrumental in asking the owner to stop screeching and freaking at his dog.. that as bizarre. He was telling it to go home... except it was blind... and the noise and the confusion.. yes, you can see where this is going... and it wouldn't let anyone near it.. as it was terrified, so it was snarling and seething. But there is me.. "come on buddy.. good dog.. come over here... and then a guy with a bike was gently nudging it off the road...after it realized.. I think .. that we were helping it...

OK... must go help myself.. and take me for a walk!

No comments: