Sunday, June 21, 2009

Good evening peoples

What day is the first day of summer..?

We had a clap of thunder and huge rainstorms earlier today.

I just can't think of when the first day of summer arrives.

Our lawn looks weathered and dry like it normally looks at the end of August...

Hooray for rain.

Scared the crap out of the little Missy, so much that I wrapped a big towel around her on the couch, and left her there to settle down for a bit... of course that was after she stood out in the downpour and got completely drenched. ( I am talking about the DOG here..., not the blond thing.. although she would have done the same thing.. but I couldn't have called her the LITTLE missy... as she is almost as tall as me.. ... OMG)

I did go out and inspect my make shift garden way out yonder. My second row of peas are just beginning to peak up... I will add a new row next week!

The girlie-Q is back with her father. None of this make shift made up events such as fathers day for us... the big man installed peoples windows a couple doors over, and a couple doors down. I reminded the boy that it was fathers day... I think he has forgotten.

BUT... alas on this day 11 or 12 years ago we did find our second German Shepherd dog... Miss Ellpee... or more likely named Till, or Till Till, or Tilly, or Miss Milly, or Monkaay, or Miss, or Elp, or CryBaby, or MissStopThat. She's slightly deranged, and I have know idea why. It couldn't possibly be that she has been subject to this homestead for the last 11 or 12 years. Really she was named L.P. for "lost pup"... but has managed to acquire 10 zillion names since her 11 or 12 years of living here. The last 4 1/2 years she has had the homestead to herself, with the death of the first and foremost evilest of queens the first German Shepherd herself... Cicely. (Because I am a LINK LOSER... you might have to click on some links from MANY MANY MANY moons ago to catch a picture of the evilest of queens ... I could go and hunt for one.. but you know .. that would require something called work.

Writing of working... lucky me.. it's coming to a bit of an end for the summer. I am leaving my group for the summer, and will take on a new adventure at the hospital... but only temporarily... because you know.. I am not a real worker bee, but a tricked up long time stagnant worker bee...

OK.. and charged the battery for the camera... not sure why... slim pickings on the BEAR adventures.... surely to GAWD they haven't all been trapped, drugged and hauled away to higher grounds....and in the meantime am hunting for a COUGAR. Not trying to mimic one, that would not be kind.

BUT.. on that note have just started watching the DOG WHISPERER.... and that Cesar fella that says "shhhssshh" to dogs with his spanish accent is quite unbelievably beautiful.

Well... as any good husband should do on this made up tree-killing event of some sort... I am watching him make dinner. What a good fellow.

I must go read my book now... it has something to do with the LDS. Latter Day Saints... should be an interesting read.

1 comment:

Chaos is my Life said...

Why do they refer to it as a "clap" of thunder? Sounded more like a bomb going off to me!