Monday, May 18, 2009

That's it for me...

The other day... FRIDAY to be exact the husbandman was off, as well as me. Well, I am always OFF on Fridays... , in the free work sort of things. I wasn't off, as in "get to have fun, kick back and do nothing...." sort of free from work. Who is....?



It was a nice day for a walk... and I was feeling a little blue that I hadn't marched along my merry way for a walk under the fresh blue skies. It's a good thing that sometimes I exercise patience, but that only happens sometimes... combined with luck of course.



Since it was a nice day... the husbandman listed off his endeavours... and I suggested that I join him.. since he loves me so much, and equally loves spending time with me... once every five weeks. He somehow agreed, or perhaps that semi-nod was a sneeze... anyways.. he didn't object when I opened the door to the jeep and hopped in. I can kind of hop now.. since I am taking a wack load of tylenol for arthritis... I seem to be able to move again.. it's a lovely feeling really. We headed up and over the mountain to get his head of hair cut. Perhaps that should be semi head... but that would be insulting to the love of my life now wouldn't it? Well, I like him anyways... despite the hair thing.... except I can't figure out why he needs to drive to the stupidest of locations to get the hair cut. There isn't any adequate shopping AT ALL. And when it takes all of ten minutes to get one's haircut... the wife should really have some good shopping available to cover those vaulable minutes of boredom. Luckily I had decided that I needed a banana. Not that the banana off the counter from the house would have sufficed.... since I had just bought it the day before.. but you know.. these banana crises's do happen... so off I marched to the Safeway.



The barber men are used to seeing me now... I am not afraid of them... although occasionally I ask if they have time for a wash and set....ha ah aha ha hahha.



OK... we leave the vast parking lot, and begin making our way to the mall. Next we were moving onto eyeglasses.... the husbandman is in need of eyeglasses.. now certainly a good wife that doesn't wear glasses should attend for this event. I mean.. how can a blind man pick out glasses?



We were a stones throw from the mall, sailing down a long and winding hill... and damn it... the stereo in the Jeep YJ Beloved-of-his-Life... (next to his LATEST boyfriend)...quits working. It was rather convenient... because I remember not enjoying the song...before I had a chance to figure out how to turn it off.... it did for me.



Then I noticed his controls turned off, and then he noticed that the controls turned off, and then he noticed that the whole jeep turned off, and for added effect we both noticed that there was smoke pouring from the steering column.



Wow... this is going to be inconvenient.



Luckily for cell phones.. he calls his favourite tow truck guy... but he's busy. Well now... there seems to be a semi-distant memory of that nice walk that I wanted to go on.. and now... I seemed to have a partner. I couldn't have talked this guy into a walk if I had added a million dollars onto the end of it, or added anything else that these boys tend to think of.... but now..here we were... wandering along like the regular homeless folks through the city... crossing through parks, and taking short cuts everywhere. The only problem was I carrying a bag that looked way to new.. I even threw in a stop at a greenwaste & recycle container... except that I added to the container rather than retrieved articles.

And now... FOUR days later...the beloved YJ has been pushed into the garage.... (which I spent envisioning a family room with a jeep parked in it oddly enough)... with wires all spliced, replaced, rewired and wrapped.... AND two footstep shaped dents in the floor, where the husbandman has spent the last three days fiddling with coloured wires.

No comments: