Friday, February 08, 2008

Proud of the PIP

I had my sister in complete hysterics the other day.

I told her that I thought that PIP's current PRINCESS win for the ROYAL PARTY was a fix.

I told her about how I added the PIP's entry form to the others in the school office the other day. My sister thought I was going to tell her that I had removed other GRADE 5 girls names, so that the PIP could win. I was in hysterics laughing. Oh yes... that wouldn't be obvious... little shredded pieces of pink paper sitting crumpled in a waste basket, and then PIP's single entry form... sitting there in blazing glory!

Too funny.

All the same, I am so happy for the PIP. Living in our little city for many zillions of years, and as a child I had wished to be a part of the "float" for the parade, and that never came to be. I was always a well wisher on the sidelines ( they do need fans afterall to make a parade!), but it would have been nice to be a part of something special. With my limited memory.. I don't think I was every a part of something special. In fact... we never really went to the parades much as our family was always down at the trailor, visiting the ocean and the whales, and much beauty that I miss to this day... so I am glad for that... OK then...

Anyways... since Rod and I do not own a trailor, and I work the weekends... I am generally around for the parades that hit our cities in the springtime. It will be a special time for the PIP to be involved in a community event. My sister in law gave me some good advice..."if you do not want your PIP entered to be THE MAY QUEEN, request to have her name taken out of the draw, because then.. she will surely have a win!" (that was my sister in laws fate for her daughter!, as they headed off on a plane to australia for the year). Well, I can only hope that PIP would be crowned MayQueen, as it would be sweet to see two cousins crowned as MayQueens... it would be newspaper picture worthy!

All the same.. I think it is sweet that PIP gets to be a PRINCESS. She really did miss out that LOT in life!

1 comment:

Susan said...

If she joins Jobies, then she can really be a princess!
Good luck to Pip on the May day front.
When we lived in England we were in the may day parade every year. It was run by the churches, and every church had a "rose queen" and prince charming, train bearers, ladies in waiting, and flower girls. Every girl in sunday school got to participate. Our mums made our dresses.It was a lot of fun and had a real community feel about it.
I should scan some of the old photos and do a post on this!