Friday, February 22, 2008

Happy Friday~!

You know you live on the West Coast when you can garden in February!

I am [-] this close to hauling out my pressure washer and cleaning off the back deck!

In the meantime I have filled our green waste container to the brim, and then some... because you know greeenwaste doesn't start until march 4th... and then I don't know if it could pour with rain between now and then.... so it must be filled to overcapacity now!!!!!!!!!

In other boring news:

I got myself and the girlie girl a new cellphone the other day. I wasn't intending on it... but it just happened. I love the name of it... LG Chocolate! Now we have matching phones...and really awful phone numbers... but that doesn't matter... the girlie girl will be tickled chocolate when her birthday rolls around, and she gets a cell phone! (OK... not that she needed a cell phone AT ALL... but you know next year. she might.. and this plan seemed to make me happy ... so I went for it.. PLUS.. we want the boy to have a cell phone, so this frees up my current cell phone.. and he can happily march around the world with that.

The Pip decided that she wasn't going to do a speech in school this year. She refused.... as she does many things in life. I had a different thought... I wanted her to do a speech.. because you have to in this little life....in 4 minutes flat we had written on five recipe cards her entire speech. She was thrilled, and even more thrilled when the teacher called upon her to do her speech, and she marched up to the front of the class and drizzled on about her topic "the monster that lives in my room". Her friends were puzzled that she was able to talk at great length about her subject with such minimal amount of information on the cards... she said she just winged it. I laughed at that. My feeling to this speech thing is the point of feeling comfortable talking to a room of individuals.... which she is capable of...she's the kind of person that can think on their feet and talk... lucky her. It would have been completely tortuous to make her write a speech.... T.O.R.T.U.R.E. and we do not need that. Besides, she's slightly crazy.

Oh.. and things that might be important, but luckily they turned out not to be:

The Pips school had a lock down the other day. The school bell rang three short rings, which I guess is the code for a lock down... interestingly enough the Pip's teacher sent them outside anyways, as she wasn't certain what that meant.

FUCK. Nice. How many different ways does a school bell ring?... and you can't even remember that three rings means something?

Luckily... as our idiotic school is... there was a miscommunication (or how about none!) between the police that were running a routine exercise with their dogs, and just happened to look like they were pointing a gun & the principal... or any other adult that works in the building. I don't know why the police thought it was a good idea to do a practice exercise next to a school... but I guess the world just runs on idiots... so who am I to say.

OK.. back to the great outdoors...

1 comment:

Chastity said...

It's great that she feels comfortable getting up in front of a group of people (especially her peers) and speaking. This is such an obstacle for so many.