Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sure to form...

The rain has come. It always does after a large dump of snow. Very rarely is there the case that the snow falls, and the skies clear, and then everyone rejoices in the beauty that white can bring. That would just be too beautiful. Now we have slush form everywhere. The initial melt is the worst, and then it simmers down to a dull roar, and slowly melts away. But then again.. we are in for several days of rain, so it could all be gone by tomorrow morning. Who knows.



I watched a movie in themiddle of the night last night. The Pip woke me up with her surefire "MAMA!!" squeal, which always wakes me from the grave, and keeps me awake. I am not sure why that is, but it is. Anyways... I watched a movie called "The.Queen". It was based on the week of turmoil that followed in the wake of Princess Diana's death. It was interesting, & nothing spellbinding... but of course, I managed to stay awake through the entire movie, even in the middle of the night. I do not mind though, as I turned up the heat.. and settled into the livingroom, where I watched it snow, and got to watch a movie. Portable DVD players are just the handiest of items!



You know when your Dr's office is just not convenient when you leave an hour early for the appointment, then the Docs running late, and then you have to try and collect a pee sample from a 10 year old girl that just can't make herself pee, and then the mother stands in the bathroom, and sings a peeing song, runs the water, and the two of you laugh crazily until the 10 year old decides she needs to pee after that commotion, and then pees into a container, including the mothers hand, and then we wash and wait for the Doc to return, and then finally we get a prescription for antibiotics, and then we leave, and four wheel our way through the parking lot again, stop for a bite to eat because the 10 year old PIPSTER PRINCESS is finally hungry, since it is 1:40 and all... then we drive home, and we get the girl geared up back into some comfy clothes, feed her some Tylenol, let the dog out, and in, and out, then in.. then go fetch the prescription at Cost.co and then wait another 30 minutes for the prescription, arrive home to find two of the boys friends standing at the front door, soaked, like the boy from the rain, where I then drive them home, and return to give the girl her antibiotic that we set out to get at 11:00. The time now is 4 PM. Somehow the walkin clinic does seem a lot easier than this charade.


In other things sure to form... I managed to burn a ham & cheese stuffed chicken thing for the boy... and where was I... standing right next to the microwave... I am planning on making some hot chocolate for the girl... wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked for you today....walking down David Ave that is....it was that time but...you were nowhere to be seen. ;o)