Thursday, January 10, 2008

S-t-r-e-t-c-h!!!!

The amazon girl that is busily growing somedays behind my back continues to make me laugh.

Last week....

My friend calls and invites the girl to go to a movie, and the brother... which sounds very easy. Here. Take money. Go to movie.

I had two movie passes for the chicklets that I promptly seemed to lose.. and now this week I have found BTW Mrs. Pickaspat....

Anyways... I say to the girl.. "you are going nowhere until you have had a shower, and washed the blondish brown locks of yours". Interestingly she obeyed immediately.

She went to put on her new purple skort with the matching purple sweater, which went along fine... until I asked where her tights were... she didn't seem to know.. so we hunted, and hunted.. but they never turned up. I told her to just put on a pair of socks, and throw her black shoes on. She refused the socks... and tried tucking her feet into her now too small shoes. "When did that happen...?" I asked her.

So it was with my shock and horror that she tip toed down the street in her too small shoes and the no tights situation. Actually it was comical... seeing this perfectly primped girl from the skort up.. and then no nylons and shoes that didn't fit.. of course watching her walk down to her friends house was the added dose of comedy. We could have nixed the whole outfit.. but that just wasn't going to be the case... only because we did her hairdo to match the outfit.

So now today...

It's working day for the Pip... as she has to help out with her credit union that she is involved with. WE have had better luck today... proper working attire.. (the purple outfit again...) and black shoes that now fit, and incredibly... a pair of tights that were practically too tight, but we managed to hike them enough so that they fitted along her long legs. The last of the issues was the skort and the zipper... it's a good thing that cord stretches... she was a little purple bombshell today!

1 comment:

Chastity said...

It's amazing how fast they grow at certain stages of life...it sounds like she's growing about as fast as my little one...every couple of months and a new wardrobe is needed.