Sunday, April 08, 2007

Surprise!

I coloured my hair today. Oh thank you me yes... it is coloured back to it's regular shade of boring brown. I can't believe that I didn't natter on about it for days and days before I actually plunged into the colouring goop.

Yesterday I had an interesting hair do. It was quite bizarrely strewn up and about. I gardened for six hours with that hair, had a shower then took the boy to the mall... all with the same hair. I just love the daring that comes out in me some days.

The Easter Bunny showed up today. The Pip told me that she doesn't believe in the Easter Bunny, and that she demanded that I fess up with the gig. I was reminded that even though I knew that she knew, she still expected the goods that the pretend Easter Bunny should deliver. She made some signs this year for the fake Easter Bunny. It all had to do with not hiding the eastery things in the livingroom. She wished to be challenged for her treats for a change. That she was. The Pip was unable to find her Lindt Easter Bunny and marched to her bedroom, slammed the door and yelled at me I could keep it. That Pip, thinking that she might be up to the challenge, but not really.

The boy was so happy with all his Easter loot that he immediately ate his Easter Bunny, and changed clothes three times... then looked in the mirror. You have to love him!

I even made breakfast today. Yes I did, which included cooking BACON.............(GASP!!!!).... I never cook bacon... I think I despise the clean up portion of the bacon really, and not the clearing of the plate and paper towel that it sits on. I will forget about it for the time being and just pretend that my oven is all organized and clean... eventually I will remember the huge broiler pan silently waiting for me.

See, even with being the Easter Bunny myself, I can manage my own surprises!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D....I just love your zest for life!

Susan said...

And I just love your zest for over challenging pip!