Sunday, April 08, 2007

Simple Madness

I have just figured out why I do not belong to any user groups. I am user group impaired. This should be classified as a syndrome "sub-average accessibility spoiler". Yes people, I suffer from S.A.A.S.

It has come to attention that I am not capable of handling numbers and letters that are mixed and crooked. They present huge challenges and obvious stumbling blocks. Well, so do instructions I think. In the user group application there was a box that asked for 2oo words or less, now I thought I was under the 200 mark, but clearly I wasn't. The box however, didn't cut me off in mid type when verbosity had overthrown my ability to count. I am clearly beyond stupid.... so I thought. Each time I retyped whatever the magic number of characters were I had to retype a new password thingy that involved letters and numbers. Good god it took me forever to figure out if things were uppercase or lowercase, then I slowly clicked the keys. These keys never click slowly, I'm a quick clicker, and freaking hell if the keys just didn't click but rather clunked, which made the upper and lower case become way more difficult than it should.

All that is behind me now, I managed to throw in a couple of words in the define yourself in 200 words box, and left it at that. I think even the computer got tired of throwing me new sequences of letters and numbers and lightened up at the end. I believed I had to type in: "UR a 4rutBAL" in the end. Christ, at least I was accepted.

No comments: