Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It's been a weird one...

This is the day in review, only because it was just so freaking wierd:

Woke up from a slumber on the green leather couch.
The husbandman has done his morning chores, as he is no slouch.

Started yapping at the hamsterson to get himself out of bed,
every single morning this is the constant dread.

The Pip rattled out at a quarter to eight,
she's usually a little slow and doesn't function that great.

At 8:05 the Biancastar tapped on the door,
as the hamsterson packed his belongings from off of the floor.

I wrote a little blog, just because I'm a schmuck.
I really wonder if I do get things accomplished by simple good luck.

We tried to walk to school but that didn't work,
The Pip complained bitterly that her back really hurt.

I drove the Mazda Five to the doorstep of the school,
looking at the beautiful weather, and feeling like a fool.

I was home for a bit, and made a cup of tea,
where I looked for camera junk, for the one and only me.

I flit about the kitchen and tidied the odds and ends,
it never changed in appearance, so I doubled back to the computer where I found some email friends.

That ended quickly as I had to dash by 10:05,
I had to pick up the boy for his ortho appt, which required a short little drive.

Upon arrival I realized a grandious kind of error,
we were exactly on time, but ahead of schedule by 24 hours.

As a treat for the son, we headed out for lunch,
we had to go right away, while he could still munch.

I dropped him off at school, and headed towards home,
I wasn't quite sure what I would accomplish, although the list was a mile long.

I was not in through the door when the telephone rang,
it was the sister who was stalking, hoping to do the sushi thing.

We talked and we talked, as I watched the minutes click,
I continued to tidy & fold laundry, and carried on in a flit.

Eventually I made it to the great out doors,
where I raked up 5 wheel barrel loads of branches from all the winters storms.

I filled the utility trailer, until things fell around the sides,
I was hoping to add a little more, but it just wasn't that wide.

The time did come to fetch the Pip from her school,
she wasn't in the mood for playing, even though the weather was perfectly cool.

Once we arrived home, I started washing down the driveway,
it had mud tracks on it, from all my garden junking array.

The next on the list was washing up the car,
I like it to be shiny, even though it doesn't travel far.

In the knick of time we were out of the house,
where we found ourselves at piano lessons, and for once the boy didn't grouse.

Upon our return, I made a fine meal of defrosted food,
The Pip and I were going for a drive, to fetch gas, and feel the groove.

We chatted and we laughed, and listened to some tunes,
I found the place for gas, and then back we headed like a couple of loons.

It was a beautiful evening to be out and about,
we then arrived at Costco to check their garden centre out.

Ok, not so good, as the cold wind rang through the space,
we left there rather quickly, leaving the greenery in it's place.

I then visited our composter, with lots of food for it.
Which leaves tomorrow open, for a produce shopping trip.

The day ended with a junk television show,
where we watched the singing on American Idol.

That was the day, it was short and now it is the end,
Tomorrow is a new day, where it will all begin again.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thats hilarious. We were really in sync with our hously and gardenly tasks. I did actually consider washing my sexy red mini van. But since it is not starting for me this week, when it knows the repairman is out of town, I just couldnt justify treating it to shineyness! You are so like me about dates and times. So how did the ortho appointment go today ?
Thanks for the birthday wishes for my mom. I thought of Russ on the 8th. I dont know how his birthday sticks in my mind, maybe coz its so close to my mums.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh...and laugh...and laugh...and laugh....thanks...I needed that!