Monday, April 16, 2007

Somedays

I feel sad when I do not take the time to write the daily boring events that happen around here. I mean, they are very clearly more than boring, but they are the events that make up my (our) life, and in some ways they are important to remember. Especially the evil kiniving ones, those are the best! (A roar of evil laughter erupts....)

So, hmmmm. What is there to say... short of everything, all at once.

  1. I went to work this weekend. Yae for me, I checked all the internal and external job postings, there are no jobs for me. Boo Hoo.
  2. We got a raise at work... oddly enough I didn't notice.
  3. The husbandman is doing a fantastic job building the fence out towards the side of the house. He even dug up the stump so that the fence could attach itself to the existing fence. I think deep down inside the husbandman didn't want the neighbour building it, just in case the neighbourman didn't do "a kingly" job of it. ( I might remind my three readers here, that the husbandman didn't want one thing to do with my front yard renovation... AND, he spent the whole week end days out there Saturday and Sunday.. just making reference to that.....)
  4. The husbandman and Mr. Pickaspat went on a date last night...or so Mr. Pickaspats friends assumed that's what he and the husbandman were up to...(OK, it was just a night out at the local pub to watch the hockey game) so they (Mr. P's friends) sent a piece of cake with whipped cream to the table for the two of them... It was labeled "for the happy couple". Now that my good people is freaking funny!
  5. I bought myself a beautiful bright yellow pressure washer. It seems that the weatherman is a bit jealous, and has started pelting the earth with rain... now that I am available again to start the pressure washing process. Sorry Mr. Weatherman your pressure doesn't amount to my pumped pressure....
  6. I have had dinner made since 0930 this morning. Well, that was only because we were having a pot luck at the group today, and I made extra for the people that inhabit this home. Lucky for them.
  7. I still need to get a picture of the Pip's "roll over rover" that she created with a toilet paper roll, and thus named it accordingly.
  8. I have a great plan for my summer flowers this year. I am more than tickled pink about the great plan underway. I just can't wait to execute this great plan into action. It will be completely beautifulishes. COMPLETELY! The new fence that the husbandman is masterfully building will be lined with DAHLIAS. AAAAH..... it is going to be gorGeous people... SIMPLY gorgeous! I will be tuber shopping in my mom's back garden very soon. The Pip might even have to set up a dahlia growers flower store at the end of the driveway come September. Pictures will be taken, evidence will be available to the who's it's and what's it's of the day. Inform your people, this will be big. The sister and I peed our pants laughing last year at my efforts for a premier garden in the front yard. It was abismyl and embarressing and just short of completely revolting... which made us howl harder.
  9. Speaking of howling, This should make two out of the three readers laugh. Holy shit.. you should laugh!!!!... so the stalker sister made herself very stalkable last week. She was around for all four days last week, at my complete disposal. It didn't matter that I had things to tend to, she was around, everyday, from 0915 to 230 PM. At one point I just referred to her as my walking talking shadow. So Friday was our last day together and once again she decided that she wanted lunch. It had to be Sushi. We tried one place, next to the mall. It looked scarey, well, it looked like it was under renovations, but not really. I told her I was kind of Seinfeldish feeling.. like the owners were going to come screaming if we opened the doors.. get out you fat ladies, out of my restaurant,... now you have brought us bad luck. I told her I couldn't wait for this to happen, so we had just better leave. We drove down the street and across the way to "another " sushi place. It wasn't Sushi, it was Thai. Thai is good, but not good when you want Sushi, AND when you think the place is Sushi, but it's not.. it's Thai. Well, right next door was a Fish and Chips place... hmmmm.. well, OK, stalker sister, I feel nervous about the fish and chip place... due to the health ramifications of ?? how much fat is about to be ingested with this??? My frightened mind did not want to know. But then again... I do like rootbeer. We tried entering the villa of cholesterol, but was met with a sign smack dab in the stalker sisters nose. The girl said they would be open in five minutes. (She held up her hand like "Alice" did in the Minute Rice commercials). Well, sigh again... and we looked across the parking lot, and spotted another Japanese food place. It was kind of raining out, but not enough to make us whimps, so we walked across the lot to the fourth eating establishment. We were greeted upon arrival and then "set" in the corner. I did take notice of other caucasion visitors in the restaurant, they appeared to be happily munching away. Things were looking up in the getting lunch department. WE scanned the menus, decided on which lunch box we would wish for and that was it. What we wished for next was a waitress, waiter, someone, anyone. Ahh... here was someone, carrying a pot of tea, with a mound of wasabi in a dish on top. The waiter looked at us rather scared, and then darted away. WE watched a number of dishes walk past us, and waitresses return to the kitchen. The final draw was when the stalker sister spotted people that had walked in after us being served something. That was when we knew we had been placed in the "forgotten section". So we walked out. We walked back across the parking lot, pretty much peeing our pants laughing at the workout project just trying to have a quick lunch... somehwere.... "Ya... uhm.. well,... OK, I'll have the special... one piece fish and chips, and a rootbeer please."
  10. I have no recollection as to the day that I actually cleaned the house. I know it was imbetween the times of the stalker sisters non pitstops moment. I can't figure that out, although now that it is a new week, I believe that the process starts all over again. Including dodging the stalker sister attempts for my shotgun riding adventures. The first load of laundry has gone in, whites first, only because they were abundant on the clothes pile.
  11. I renewed my library book today. I am not even sure if I am going to read it. I tried a couple of weeks ago, but forgot about it, as the cover blended in with the bedroom furniture. ha ha h ah. OK, it really did..... and then my colourful eye just helped it blend in. I don't know what the title is, but it's by Steven Hawkings. Something to do with universes and nutshells. Eventually I will get to it.
  12. On the more important scale, I wish to continue my aphasia readings. Now this fascinates me. I only have about 6 more thick books to plough through. I can't figure out what my problem is.... only because I have three couches to pick from in the livingroom, surely to crap I can sit my ass down and breeze my way through them, and take notes along the way, and then of course have processing and aborbtion time of the facts presented to me. Yes, right.
  13. I think the weatherman hates me. It has quit raining out, and the clouds have lightened up.. enough for me to want to go and plug in the pressure washer.. but wait... I can't... as the children need fetching and feeding in the next hour, by then, it should be raining again.
  14. I wonder if I am back to my coffee ways. I had quit drinking coffee. I thought it would help me with my horrible memory problems. It hasn't. I didn't even really miss it. I didn't have jitters, or crossed eyes, or a slowing of my rapid thoughts (OCDish) stream through my head on a moment to moment basis. AND, I am still completly stupid as ever. I don't think the vitamins even help, other than to make me count the number of bottles that I open and close and then dump pills down my throat. Well, I have mastered counting to ten, that's something to be proud of.
  15. The cherry blossoms are almost out in bloom. The REAL cherry blossoms. Not the "chincy blooms, chincy blooms" that have already flowered in my front yard, and have been swept away by the wind, or eaten by the lawn mower. I will get my camera out for some beautiful dramatic photos of the real cherry blossoms. Yes, I will. I think I might head over the City Hall, the place where our MAYOR has finally cleaned out his office, but only for a little while, while he gets his life back on track for behaving like a freaking psychotic goon... Oh, I see I have hit tangent mode.. back to camera thoughts.... I might even haul out the FILM SLR to create some fancy work.. but then it will be AGES, before I get any photos back.. (Oh the horror!, and the sorrow!!).. so I may be able to thrill my three readers by at least OCTOBER with my spring bloom series. YES!! Read that Mr. Pickaspat.. another five months before I get around to developing my pictures... on that note.. I should go and start collecting children from other peoples home and bodies of covered water. Sounds odd, but then... look where this is coming from.
  16. I signed up for the Erma Bombecks writers club. All I have received are other peoples string of emails. It looks like I am going to have to search elsewhere for the real Erma Bombeck. I might even trade in my current library book for one of hers....

1 comment:

Susan said...

The cherry blooms are always sturdier on the other side.
SOunds like far too much work being done over there!
Was it the air-miles? You do know where you can find a very cheap power washer to use!