Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hauling out the aged

I am back to staring at my film camera. I semi-like it. I know it's a good one; it has taken some very nice photos. It just isn't instantaneous, and therefore does not satisfy need for immediate satisfaction. I realize I am spoiled, and with the acknowledgement of my spoil-edness.... I can talk about it. So, I am back preparing a great scheme to purchase a better lense for my film star... then if I am ever so lucky, I will continue to read my manual over and over again, memorize the finer points, figure out the shutter speeds, and aperature values, and then perhaps come back with some very good photos. Of course the only thing that I wish to take photos of is: the bears, plus or minus some children every now and then.

2 comments:

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

You comment about film cameras is how I think, I have two SLR film cams just sitting there very rarely used and since I bought my Pentax Digital SLR in December and it takes the lenses from the film cam and am sure that my picture quality is way better than with film....thay may just stay in the cupboard.

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

I just read your post again, If you are considering buying a new lens. why not consider a Digital SLR, it is possible your existing lens can be used on a DSLR, but you would have to check, it depends on the brand, with me, I have Pentax film cameras and all nine of my film lenses can be used with the new Pentax DSLR.
If you want more advice from me about cameras ask susan for my email. the advice is free and way better pictures of bears.