Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fantastico!

Here we are again folks, living another beautiful day out here on the WET coast. The weatherman states that by this afternoon we should be free from rain, for a while. I think I even saw the sun coming out. I will have my handy dandy pressure washer on stand-by.... ready to go at a moments notice.

So.... the Pip and I spied our first bears of the season last night. We saw a mamma and two cubs. We were as stunned to see them, as they were to see us. The two cubs flew up into the trees, and the mamma crawled up for a while, but eventually set herself back down on the ground. I would have great pictures to show you.. if someone THAT LIVES DOWN THE STREET, hadn't given away my fine detailed secrets of special lenses and such....I am not whining or complaining... just stating the facts here people. I think the lighting was a bit off, as it was getting dusky, and little black bears sitting in trees is a hard image to catch on any given day. Anyways, I am very tempted to drive up to the same spot this very morning to try and catch another glimpse of the black beauties in our midst once again. I think I might just do that.

I would like to spill off other events... but now that it is bear season... that is all that I am capable of thinking of, well, next to scheming and planning on emptying my front garden of overgrown shrubs, and asking for the husbandmans help, without him realizing it. That is quite the task.

In other things growing:

Both of the chicklets. The boy is almost my height. Two more inches, and I'll be done for. The girl continues to tower over her classmates, and her best buddy down the street. Maybe that's why her back hurts so much, she has to crook over to talk eye level with all of her friends. Last night I gave her an Ibuprofen. It was the adult version. One pill, 300 mg, she doesn't like the chewables anyways. The dosing is for someone ages 11 +, but since the girl is larger than her friend from across the street, I gave her the same dose. This time she forgot that the Ibuprofen wasn't a chewable sort. Hmmmm. Now that is not good. She went to bed with a numb tongue and throat. Ick. Plus.. I fed her two large glasses of milk, in some hope that it would wash away the bad effects it has on the lining of her insides. Well, she is alive and well this morning and complaining that I haven't given her her special breakfast of BIG K (Special K), but it has always been Big K to her. Just the same as "double knots" have always been "doval knots", and her pillow has always been a "pallow". Love that.

No comments: